It’s April 2nd, 2022, World Autism Day.
Commemorated annually since 2007 at the beginning of World Autism Month, the day encourages United Nations Member States to take action to raise awareness of autism.
Autism Spectrum Disorder is a lifelong developmental disorder that affects how people communicate and interact with the world.
According to the National Autistic Societyabout 1 in 100 people on the autism spectrum.
Some of the world’s most iconic buildings, including the White House, the Empire State Building and the Arc de Trimophe, are expected to be lit blue in honor.
If you want to commemorate World Autism Awareness Month On social media, here are 27 inspirational quotes to share…
World Autism Day quotes
- “No, autism is not a ‘gift’. For most, it’s an endless battle against schools, jobs, and bullies. But under the right circumstances and with the right attitudes, it CAN be a superpower.” – Greta Thunberg
- “April 2nd is World Autism Day. Every day should be World Autism Acceptance Day.” – Finchley Central tube station 2019
- “Why do you fit in when you were born to stand out?” – dr seuss
- “Autistic people often have skills that are vital to any business, but only 16% of autistic adults in the UK are employed full-time, although more than three-quarters want to work. Luckily there is progress.” – Richard Branson
- “Even for parents of children who are not on the spectrum, there is no such thing as a normal child.” – Violet Stevens
- “I’m different, not less.” – Temple Grandin
- “If they cannot learn as we teach, we teach as they learn.” – dr O. Ivar Lovaas
- “Autism is like a rainbow. It has a light side and a darker side. But every shade is important and beautiful.” – Rosie Tennant Doran
- “Autism is part of my child, it’s not all he is. My child is so much more than a diagnosis.” – SL Coelho
- “If I could snap my fingers and not be autistic, I wouldn’t. Autism is part of who I am.” – Temple Grandin
- “Autism and Asperger’s are a blessing, not a burden. Accept being different.” – tom hewitt
- “Autism is as much a part of humanity as the ability to dream.” Kathleen Seidel
- “His autism isn’t contagious, but his smile is.” – Anonymous
- “We must learn to accept and celebrate our differences. And we need to continue our research into autism spectrum disorders to understand how best to help.” – Alan Roseles
- “It’s really cool that everyone is a little bit different, but also the same.” – Juliet from Sesame Street
- “I see people with Asperger’s Syndrome as a bright thread in the rich tapestry of life.” – Tony Atwood
- “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its entire life believing it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein
- “World Autism Awareness Day not only recognizes autism worldwide, but also the immense potential of people with autism.” – Imran Khan
- “We’ve come a long way when it comes to awareness – now is the time for people to embrace autism and allow people like me to be ourselves and benefit society in that journey.” – Savan Gandecha
- “Meet someone from the spectrum and your life will truly be blessed.” – Stephanie L Parker
- “It seems that a pinch of autism is essential for success in science or the arts.” – Hans Asperger
- “I don’t have autism, but I do suffer from the way you treat me.” – Tyler Durdin
- “What I like to say to parents is that raising a child with autism is a marathon. It’s not a sprint.” – Dr Brian Bowman
- “If you’re always trying to be normal, you’ll never know how great you can be.” – Maya Angelou
- “If enough people care about autism or diabetes or global warming, it will help everyone, even if only a tiny fraction actively participate.” – Seth Godin
- “Don’t be afraid of people with autism, embrace them. Don’t upset people with autism, unite them. Don’t deny people with autism, accept them, because then their abilities will shine.” – Paul Isaacs
- “Yes, we’re different, but that’s something incredible and amazing and powerful and so, so beautiful.” – Chloe Hayden
- “Autism cannot define me. I define autism.” – Kerry Margo
- “Today you are you, that is more than true. There is no living person other than you!” – dr seuss
In other news, Gold Coast’s underwater roller coaster April Fools’ Day flops a day early
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/04/02/world-autism-awareness-day/ 29 inspirational quotes to share on World Autism Day 2022