Manchester United’s Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been banned from driving for six months and fined more than £30,000.
Earlier this year, the 24-year-old right-back admitted to driving unqualified and uninsured after being stopped by police in Manchester on June 23 while returning from a holiday abroad.
On Monday, before his scheduled trial, he also pleaded guilty to failing to provide driver details to two counts of speeding in Bradford, West Yorkshire, in September 2020.
Wan-Bissaka’s lawyers said he was at “complete ignorance” of the Yorkshire driving problems when a letter of notice was sent to his former home in Croydon, London.
Manchester United defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka leaves Manchester Magistrates Court in September (Danny Lawson/PA)
Failure to respond resulted in a six-month restraining order being imposed at Leeds Magistrates Court in his absence on June 18 – just five days before his Lamborghini Urus was seized by A34 police after police close to stop him.
Wan-Bissaka had six points on her license after being sentenced in London in April 2020, the court heard.
Shaun Draycott, the defense, told Manchester Magistrates Court: “When he was stopped on the A34 he was polite and respectful to the officers, and he told them he didn’t know him. disqualified.”
He said Wan-Bissaka joined his first club, Crystal Palace, at the age of 11 and seven years later, enjoying the services of an agent for the first time.
The lawyer said football agents do not merely deal with finances and are responsible for all acts of personal service to their clients, including one case he knew of – not Wan-Bissaka – where an agent arranges a player’s trash is given.
Mr Draycott said he had arranged for Wan-Bissaka’s agent to visit his former home in London to ensure that his issues were properly resolved following his move to Manchester United in 2019.
He explained that the property was being refurbished around the time the Yorkshire letters were sent and the address was later revealed.
Mr. Draycott said: “I think the refurbishment issue can cause some difficulties. He feels the problems were at hand and they obviously didn’t, and he now has to pay the price for that. “
He accepts that Win-Bissaka also failed to notify the DVLA of his change of address in 2019.
Sentencing, District Judge Bernard Begley indicated that at least “six or seven letters” related to the speeding violations would be sent to the Croydon address, but he accepted Wan-Bissaka did not know he had been sent. was disqualified in June of this year.
Banning him from the streets for six months from today, magistrate Begley told the footballer: “Would you be wise in the circumstances when assigning duties regarding the move from the London to Manchester address or not? not a problem you’ll have to think about.”
Wan-Bissaka, who lives with her partner and 12-month-old baby in Hale, Greater Manchester, was fined £30,000 for driving while disqualified, along with fines totaling £1,500 for failing to provide information. information about speeding problems.
He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £190 and a court fee of £160.
There is no separate penalty for breach of insurance.
https://www.footballnews.com.ng/aaron-wan-bissaka-banned-for-six-months/ Aaron wan bissaka banned for six months • Football news