(KTLA) – Temperatures are cooling across the country, but our chocolate is getting hotter.
Inspired by the wintry weather, Yelp analysts compiled a list of the “Top” 20 places to get a cup of hot chocolate in the United States, based largely on ratings and reviews from its community of online users.
In determining the ranking, Yelp identified the companies with the most reviews mentioning “hot chocolate” since January 1, 2022, and then compared those mentions to reviews and the size of each company’s reviews, among other things. However, it’s worth noting that Yelp only allowed three companies from a single state in the top 20 for reasons of “geographical diversity.”
The full ranking, which includes cafes, coffee shops and restaurants in 16 states, is below:
- Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates – Sacramento, California
- Kakawa Chocolate House – Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Chocolate Museum & Cafe – Orlando, Florida
- Rey Amargo Chocolate Shop – Seattle, Washington
- 1927 S’mores Company – Portland, Oregon
- La Panaderia – San Antonio, Texas
- The Chocolate Dragon Bittersweet Cafe & Bakery – Oakland, California
- Amara Chocolate & Coffee – Pasadena, California
- Coffee Call – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Cafe y Chocolate – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Roste Chocolate House – Portland, Oregon
- Rev Coffee—Smyrna, Georgia
- The Curved Spoon – Princeton, New Jersey
- Newyorktitlan—Brooklyn, New York
- Katherine Anne Confections—Chicago, Illinois
- The Frosty Barrel – Newcastle, Washington
- Hatch Family Chocolates – Salt Lake City, Utah
- French Broad Chocolate Lounge – Asheville, North Carolina
- The Hot Chocolatier – Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Hot Chocolate Sparrow – Orleans, Massachusetts
Ginger Hahn, the CEO of top-tier Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates, told Nexstar’s KTLA it was “wonderful to be recognized” for their specialty beverages, which include traditional, almond and Oaxacan-style hot chocolates.
“We use Valrhona chocolate and give customers a choice of homemade vanilla bean marshmallows or freshly whipped clover cream,” Hahn said. “Our Rose Petal hot chocolate is topped with candied rose petals from my garden.”
Additional information, including a list from Yelp Top 5 hot chocolate spots in Canada can be found on Yelp.com.
https://www.abc27.com/pennsylvania/the-top-places-for-hot-chocolate-in-the-us-according-to-yelp/ According to Yelp, Pennsylvania tops the list of “Top Hot Chocolate Places” in the United States