Here are the Svartalfheim Horn of Mead locations in God of War Ragnarok.
God of War Ragnarok is finally here, and with it comes a whole realm of collectibles for trophy hunters to dig into. These include the return of Horns of Mead, an item that allows Kratos to unleash even more rage on his enemies when collected. Here’s everything you need to know about them Locations of all Horn of Mead in Svartalfheim in God of War Ragnarok.
How to find Svartalfheim Horn of Blood Mead in God of War Ragnarok
There are a total of five Horn of Blood Meads that can be found in Svartalfheim, two of which are locked for later game progression. We’ve broken down the specific locations and how to get them right below.
Location of Blood Horn #1 – Aurvangar Wetlands
The first Horn of Blood Mead you find in God of War Ragnarok is right next to the gate that Kratos has to open when you first enter Svartalfheim while crossing the river in The Quest for Tyr. This is the #2 Norse Chest in the area and can be solved as follows.
- Hit the first rune spinner to the left of the chest to find the first symbol.
- Freeze the geyser to the right of the chest and select the correct rune.
- Reach into the area to the left of the chest and select the third Nornir rune.
Location of Blood Horn #2 – Alberich Island
Just like the first one, this mead horn can be found in Svartalfheim during The Quest for Tyr. This is Nornin Chest #5 to find up to this point, and it’s on the first island, Alberich Island, on the right as you head towards Durlin. To unlock this chest, defeat the enemies in the area and perform the following:
- Throw Kratos’ ax at the rune hanging to the right of the Nornir chest.
- Just opposite the Nornir chest, press Square to have Atreus shoot a sonic arrow and then throw Kratos’ ax at the rune hanging behind it.
- Hit the spinner counterclockwise a few times until you can throw the ax on the barrel behind the now open gate on the right.
Blood Horn Location #3 – Jarnsmida Pitmines
The next Horn of Mead can be found after speaking to Durlin and trekking to the Jarnsmida Pitmines where it hides in Nornir Chest #6. To get this one you need to light braziers with Kratos’ Blades of Chaos. Here are the exact steps:
- Light the rune just to the left of the chest by aiming L2 at the blades and pressing R2.
- Recall your ax to lift the cargo container, brace yourself over it, and light the brazier.
- Freeze the water like you originally did to get over the cargo container and you’ll see a brazier right at the bottom of the wheel.
Bloodhorn Location #4 – The Forge (requires Drapnir Spear)
The fourth of God of War Ragnarok’s Horn of Mead in Svartalfheim cannot be reached until you complete the Forging Destiny mission, which is about a little over halfway through the game. Once you’ve gotten this far, you can reach Nornir Chest #8:
- Go to the Nornir chest next to the green heart and destroy the rune by throwing the spear at the rock on the opposite right side of the chest.
- Look left and meet the rune on the cliff next to the wooden posts
- From the Nornir chest, turn around and go left and hit the rune with the spear.
Bloodhorn Location #5 – The Apple Core (requires Drapnir Spear)
For the fifth and final Horn of Mead in Svartalfheim from God of War Ragnarok, you will need to complete the Forging Destiny mission again. When you’re done, go back to The Applecore until you reach the location on the map above using the elevator where you’ll find Nornir Chest #10.
- Throw your spear in the top and climb up to find the chest.
- If you look to the left you will see two of the runes hanging from platforms.
- Climb down the ledge to the right of the chest and throw your spear at the third rune.
And that’s all you need to know about them Locations of all Horn of Mead in Svartalfheim in God of War Ragnarok. If you’re still looking for more about the game, be sure to check out our guides on things to do first, who the voice actors were, and more, right below.
https://twinfinite.net/2022/11/god-of-war-ragnarok-all-horn-of-mead-locations-in-svartalfheim/ All Horn of Mead locations in Svartalfheim