During the April 18, 2022, two-hour episode of ABC’s “American Idol,” six artists from the top 20 were eliminated from the competition. First, the top 10 were announced based on viewer votes.
Then the remaining 10 fought for four spots hoping to be saved by judges Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan.
SPOILER ALERT: Below are spoilers for the Monday, April 18 episode of “American Idol.”
Who was eliminated from the top 24?
First it was announced that Ava Maybee is safe and in the top 14 based on votes from viewers. Then it was announced that Christian Guardino is safe.
Cameron Whitcomb was next and had to perform for the judges’ parade. Allegra Miles also had to fight for the save, but Lady K was marked safe, as was HunterGirl after her.
The next person to fight to the rescue was Katyrah, closely followed by Cadence Baker.
Dan Marshall was next called up and was told he was safe as well. He was followed by Leah Marlene, who was also marked safe. Sage was next to appear for the save. Jay also sang for his life and performed “Believer” by Imagine Dragons.
Noah Thompson was next and was told he was selected in the top 14. Jacob Moran was the next artist to have to sing in the competition for his life, and he chose to repurpose his audition song.
Elli Rowe was next, and she also had to sing for her life, but Emyrson Flora was marked safe. Mike Parker was the next candidate called to the stage and he was not deemed safe by voters.
Between Fritz and Tristen, Fritz was reported safe and Tristen would sing for his life.
The judges decided to save Allegra Miles, Jay Copeland, Mike Parker and Tristen Gressett.
Which artists were eliminated?
Here are the artists who made the top 14:
- Ava Maybee (Performed “Cuz I Love You” for her celebration song)
- Christian Guardin (Performed “Creep” by Radiohead)
- Lady K (Performed “Bust Your Windows” by Jazmine Sullivan)
- huntress (Performed “Vice” by Miranda Lambert)
- Dan Marshall (Performed “Stuck On You” by Lionel Richie)
- Leah Marlene (Original song “Wisher to the Well” performed)
- Nicolina (Performed “She Used to Be Mine” by Sara Bareilles)
- Noah Thompson (Performed “Cover Me Up” by Jason Isbell)
- Emyrson Flora (Performed “Love In The Dark” by Adele)
- Fritz Hager (Performed “Golden” by Harry Styles)
- Allegra Miles (performed original song “Tainted”)
- jay (“Believer” by Imagine Dragons)
- Mike Parker (“Bed on Fire” by Teddy Swims)
- Dreary Gresset (“Will You Walk My Way” by Lenny Kravitz)
Here’s who was sent home:
- Cameron Whitcomb (sang “If It Hadn’t Been For Love” by the Steeldrivers)
- Katyra (“Through the Fire” by Chaka Khan)
- Cadence Baker (“I’m Your Baby Tonight” by Whitney Houston)
- sage (Alan Stone’s “Brown Eyed Lover”)
- Jacob Moran (“Rise” by Katy Perry)
- Ellie Rowe (“Anything I Want” by Kodaline)
“American Idol” airs Sundays and Mondays at 8 p.m. Eastern and Pacific time on ABC.
CONTINUE READING: American Idol viewers ‘disappointed’ with top 20 result
More heavy on American Idol
More stories are loading
https://heavy.com/entertainment/american-idol/eliminations-eliminated-voted-off-4-18/ “American Idol” 2022: Who was born on April 18? eliminated and voted out?