The summer transfer window is approaching and there are a lot of rumors surrounding who will move where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest gossip, news coming and going and of course, deals done!
TOP STORY: Barcelona aim to land Lacazette on free transfer
Barcelona were delighted to bring in a striker on a free transfer from Arsenal, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyangbut Sport says they are targeting differently.
Alexandre Lacazette30 years old, whose contract expires at the end of the season and looks set to move on this summer with former club Lyon showing an interest in bringing him back to France.
However, Aubameyang’s success since moving to Camp Nou in February could convince Lacazette to join his friend once again.
Lacazette has scored six goals in 29 games this season, with eight assists, but has struggled to influence games at the Emirates and manager Mikel Arteta is ready to let him go.
Barca are tracking a new striker and have Erling Haaland, Robert Lewandowski and Mohamed Salah on their radar, but all three demand high salaries and transfer fees, so Lacazette could be a cheaper option for the financially struggling club.
– ESPN+ guides: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Daily ESPN FC live stream on ESPN+ (US only)
– No ESPN? Instant access
09.36 Collection: Barcelona president Joan Laporta says he will sit down with Ousmane Dembelerepresentative to reopen negotiations on the extension of the contract.
Laporta has effectively ruled out handing Dembele a new deal in January, with his current terms set to be in place in the summer, after the French forward rejected the club’s initial offer set.
Barca threatened Dembele with sitting in the stands for the rest of the season, but Xavi Hernandez chose to let him back and he returned the favor to his manager with a series of impressive performances.
“He’s out of contract in the summer and we have to sit down and talk,” Laporta told TVE on Friday. “I know he’s comfortable at Barcelona, we’ll see what happens.”
Laporta regularly gives his opinion on Dembele’s future. In the past, he stopped saying that he was “better” Kylian Mbappe“to try to force him to sign for an English club in January.
Meanwhile, Laporta has once again reiterated his stance that the club will not break the bank to sign the Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland.
Since returning to the presidency, Laporta has been forced to drastically reduce the wage bill, overseeing the departure of big earners like Lionel Messi, Antoine Griezmann and Philippe Coutinho.
“We’re not going to contract anyone who changes the pay system we’re in,” Laporta said when asked about Haaland.
Barca are one of the clubs interested in the Norway international, with Manchester City and Real Madrid also among the favorites to sign him this summer.
09.00 BST: Manchester City are optimistic they can escape competition from Real Madrid to sign the striker Erling Haaland this summer, sources told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.
City have a market for a striker and are confident they can come up with a financial package to cover the €75m release clause in Haaland’s contract with Borussia Dortmund (effective this year), money Norwegian players’ salaries and other related fees include payments to agents.
Sources say the departures of Angelino, Ferran Torres and Jack Harrison (for a combined fee of around €85 million) have left City in a solid financial position ahead of the summer run.
They also believe the appeal of working with Pep Guardiola and the successful track record that has seen the club win three of the last four Premier League titles could convince Haaland to spend the next stage in his career. his career at Etihad Stadium.
Gab Marcotti and Stewart Robson debate whether Barcelona should focus on extending the contract of Ousmane Dembele.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Internazionale is about to start negotiations with the Chelsea midfielder Antonio Rudigerbased on Ekrem Konur. The 29-year-old is yet to agree new terms at Stamford Bridge as the final months mark his contract expires at the end of this season, and the Germany international appears to be undecided on his next destination, despite despite being reported to be interested. from Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain. With Inter potentially breaking up Stefan De Vrijit looks like the Italian club have identified the Premier League star as the permanent replacement.
– Barcelona will be watching closely Jules Kounde when they meet Sevilla in LaLiga on Sunday (streaming LIVE on ESPN+), Sports newspaper wrote. However, while the interest is said to be genuine, Barca may have to downsize to secure the 23-year-old, while Sevilla are looking for 70 million euros. The 23-year-old defender is also in Chelsea’s sights.
– Borussia Dortmund has postponed contract negotiations with Dan-Axel Zagadou, according to Sport1. Injuries have limited the defender to just five Bundesliga appearances this season, and the BVB hierarchy is reluctant to introduce new terms for the 22-year-old, who joined the club from Paris Saint-Germain. Germain in 2017.
– Carlo Ancelotti is urging Real Madrid to sign a contract Fabian Ruiz, reports Calciomercato. Despite Napoli’s willingness to extend the terms for the 25-year-old midfielder, he has expressed a desire to return to Spain. There are only a few months left before he enters the final year of his contract, which could force the Serie A side.
– Manchester City beat Barcelona and Arsenal to the signature of the talented youngster Henry Oware, Daily Mail revealed. The 18-year-old defender joined the West African Football Academy on the Ghana side with a contract worth £800,000; Pep Guardiola is said to have planned to loan him to Troyes.
– Milan have identified the Porto striker Mehdi Taremi Calciomercato reports as a potential Zlatan Ibrahimovic successor. The 29-year-old has scored 18 goals in 39 games for the Liga NOS side this season and is valued in the region of 20 million euros. Divock Origi is an alternative if an agreement cannot be reached for the Iran international.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4631621/live-transfer-talk-barcelona-aim-to-land-arsenals-alexandre-lacazette-on-a-free-transfer Barcelona target Arsenal’s Alexandre Lacazette on free transfer