Bruno Tonioli returns to Strictly Come Dancing

Former judge Bruno Tonioli is set to make a surprise return to Strictly Come Dancing for the Christmas special.

The 66-year-old dancer officially left the show in May, and Anton Du Beke, 56, took over his seat as judge after commuting between the UK and US became too much.

But MailOnline has learned that Bruno plans to appear in the show’s Christmas special and will be singing rather than dancing.

EXCLUSIVE: Bruno Tonioli returns to Strictly: The beloved ex-Judge makes a surprise comeback on the Christmas special with a SINGING performance (pictured on the 2019 show)

EXCLUSIVE: Bruno Tonioli returns to Strictly: The beloved ex-Judge makes a surprise comeback on the Christmas special with a SINGING performance (pictured on the 2019 show)

The source said: “Bruno loves to sing. He made an opera album called An Italian Romance in 2016 and who knows, maybe it will become a new career for him.”

A Strictly spokesperson told MailOnline: “Strictly is still working on all the plans for the Christmas special so we will not be commenting on that at this time.”

Bruno performed the famous performance “You’re Just To Good To Be True” on Strictly in 2019 to thunderous applause.

A source told MailOnline:

A source told MailOnline: “Bruno loves to sing. He made an opera album called An Italian Romance in 2016 and who knows, maybe it will become a new career for him.”

The Italian choreographer left the show in May after 18 years. He admitted flying back and forth between the UK and US for the show had become “too much” for him.

Bruno has been juggling his role on the BBC dance show with his judging appearance in the US on Dancing With The Stars since 2005 and it’s just been exhausting for him.

After leaving Strictly, Bruno broke his silence to say he “just can’t do the 10 hour flights anymore and was done”.

Bruno has been at the heart of the BBC dance show since it launched in 2004.

However, due to travel restrictions while filming Dancing With The Stars, he had not been a regular on the panel during the pandemic.

Last year Bruno was replaced on the UK jury by Anton as he struggled to jet back and forth.

The year before, Bruno appeared via video link due to the same problems.

It was previously suggested by Craig Revel Horwood that Bruno could return to judge alongside Anton but now it looks like he will stay in the US.

Bruno was part of the original Strictly cast along with Craig, Arlene Phillips and his Dancing With The Stars co-star Len Goodman.

The latest news comes after Tyler West became the eighth contestant to leave Strictly when he faced Molly Rainford in the dreaded dance-off on Saturday night.

Molly and Carlos Gu performed their Jive to Bandstand by Barry Manilow followed by Tyler and Dianne Buswell dancing to a mega mix by KC and the Sunshine Band to impress the judges and stay in the competition.

After both couples danced a second time, the judges announced their verdicts, and with two votes for Molly and one for Tyler, Chief Justice Shirley Ballas had the casting vote.

Choosing to save Molly and Carlos, Craig Revel Horwood said: “Wow, both couples danced so much better, they really did.

“Tyler, incredible hips, incredible this time. Molly, lighter, brighter, much more precise.

“I’m finding this really difficult for the first time this season but I’d like to save Molly and Carlos.”

Motsi Mabuse also opted to save Molly and Carlos, adding: “Yes, both couples were better in this performance, I made my decision based on technique style and presentation and I will save Molly and Carlos.”

However, Anton Du Beke opted to save Tyler and Dianne, saying: “This is a testament to how incredible all couples are at this point in the competition.

“We have a situation here where none of these competing pairs deserved to be here, even though they could easily have made the final.

“To me a brilliant performance by both couples but one of them was more dynamic, the couple I would like to save is Tyler and Dianne.”

When asked by host Tess Daly about his time on the show, Tyler said, “I’m more than two steps away now! Watching the show at home makes you wonder what it must be like to dance to it, it’s everything and more, it changed my life.

“This girl has definitely changed my life. To think that I was a shy kid who never spoke to anyone, danced in front of millions, I can’t put it into words.

“It’s my mum’s favorite series, I bought it after Blackpool, my grandma blessed, she’s always watched over me on this journey.

“But more importantly, this show changed my life in the sense that it gave me confidence, a newfound family, every dancer, everyone in hair and makeup, costume.

“The judges, it’s been amazing dancing in front of you every week, I’m really serious about that.

“But this girl here, I’ve been blessed with the best, she is what Strictly is about and she changed my life, I have no doubt she will be in my life forever.”

Source: | Dailymail.co.uk

https://www.soundhealthandlastingwealth.com/celebrity/bruno-tonioli-will-return-to-strictly-come-dancing/ Bruno Tonioli returns to Strictly Come Dancing

Brian Ashcraft

TheHiu.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@thehiu.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button