A MAN charged with the murder of Elle Edwards in Wallasey on Christmas Eve will face nine counts when he appears in Crown Court today.
Connor Chapman will appear at Liverpool Crown Court today (Monday 16 January). He will appear at the hearing at 2 p.m. via video link.
Beautician Elle, 26, was fatally shot in the head on Christmas Eve while partying with family and friends at the Lighthouse Pub in Wallasey Village.
Chapman, 22, of no fixed address, was charged with her murder Thursday night and appeared for a first hearing at Wirral Magistrates’ Court on Friday morning (January 13).
- 1) Attempted Murder – “On 12/24/2022, Wallasey Village attempted to murder Jake Duffy at the Lighthouse Inn.”
- 2) Murder Attempt – “On 12/24/2022, Wallasey Village attempted to murder Kieran Salkeld at the Lighthouse Inn”
- 3) Murder – “Murdered Elle Edwards on 12/24/2022 at the Lighthouse Inn, Wallasey Village”
- 4) § 18 – “Intentional grievous bodily harm. On 12/24/2022, The Wallasey Village at the Lighthouse Inn unlawfully and maliciously caused grievous bodily harm to Harry Loughran with intent to cause him grievous bodily harm.
- 5) § 18 – “Intentional grievous bodily harm. On 12/24/2022, at the Lighthouse Inn, Wallasey Village, he unlawfully and maliciously caused grievous bodily harm to Nicholas Speed with intent to cause him grievous bodily harm.
- 6) § 18 – “Intentional grievous bodily harm. On 12/24/2022, The Wallasey Village unlawfully and maliciously inflicted grievous bodily harm on Liam Carr at the Lighthouse Inn with intent to cause grievous bodily harm to him.
- 7) Possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life/allow another to do so. “On 12/24/2022, Wallasey had in your possession a firearm, a converted Scorpion submachine gun, at the Lighthouse Inn with intent to endanger life.”
- 8) Possess ammunition with intent to endanger life/help others do so. On 12/24/2022 at the Lighthouse Inn, Wallasey Village, had in your possession ammunition, namely 9 mm short caliber .380 Auto/Cp, to endanger life.
- 9) Dealing with stolen goods. “Between 22/12/2022 and 26/12/2022 you dishonestly undertook or assisted in the retention, removal, disposal or disposal of stolen property on Merseyside, namely a Mercedes A Class vehicle, vrm BX19 MXP, of unknown value , owned by or for the benefit of another or dishonestly obtained, known or believed to be stolen goods.
Chapman, who was wearing a gray jogging set, spoke to confirm his name and date of birth and said he had no fixed address when he appeared at Wirral Magistrates Court on Friday morning.
The hearing, attended by a dozen members of the press, lasted about three minutes.
The bank’s chairman, Susie Haggstrom, told Chapman he was being remanded in custody to appear at Liverpool Crown Court.
The court heard the judges were barred from considering the bail issue and could only refer the case to the Crown Court.
A 23-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of aiding and abetting has been released on bail pending further investigation, Merseyside Police said on Friday.
Three other people were previously arrested in connection with the murder.
A 31-year-old man from Tranmere and a 19-year-old woman from Rock Ferry were held on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and were released on bail pending further investigation.
A 30-year-old Tranmere man arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder has been recalled to prison on a warrant.
https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/23253515.charges-facing-connor-chapman-liverpool-crown-court/?ref=rss Charges against Connor Chapman Liverpool Crown Court