Pine also talks about how grateful he was that the first 30 minutes showed his character’s story without a plot.
With director Tarik Salehs (The Nile Hilton Incident) The service provider now available in theaters and on digital and on demand, I spoke to him recently Chris Kiefer and Ben Foster about making the action thriller. Written by JP Davis, the film features Pine as a Special Forces sergeant who joins a private underground force alongside Foster after being discharged from the Army and cut off from his pension. Unfortunately, something goes wrong on his first mission and he gets caught up in a dangerous conspiracy and fights to stay alive long enough to get home and uncover what happened. The film also has stars Kiefer Sutherland, Gillan Jacobs, Eddie Marsan, JD Pardoand Florian Munteanu.
During the interview, Pine and Foster talked about why they both wanted to be part of the film, how the film asks compelling questions about what really happens to our returning soldiers, why it’s important to talk about the returning soldier’s story and make sure the Film has no exaggerated characters and tries to portray real people accurately. Additionally, Pine talks about how grateful he was that the first 30 minutes showed his character’s story without a plot.
Check out what they had to say in the player above and below, exactly what we talked about.
Chris Pine and Ben Foster
- Why did they both want to be part of this film?
- Pine on the script and how it’s a character study.
- Explain why the story of the returning soldier is so rich and complex.
- As Foster has spoken to many vets who speak about feeling abandoned after returning home from our military service.
- How the film asks compelling questions about what really happens to our returning soldiers.
- How the film does not contain overdone characters.
- Pine talks about how grateful everyone was on board for the first 30 minutes of seeing his character going through life and being with his family.
The Contractor trailer reveals Chris Pine’s action-packed mercenary thriller
About the author
https://collider.com/chris-pine-ben-foster-the-contractor-interview/ Chris Pine & Ben Foster on The Contractor and trying to portray real soldiers