Original (7/5): Beep Japan, Poppy Works and Protoculture Games have announced that Devil Engine: Complete Edition is heading to Switch. The game is scheduled to be released on October 12, 2023.
If the name Devil Engine sounds familiar, that’s because it was already announced for Switch in 2019. Dangen Entertainment was originally scheduled to release. We had even heard about it Ignition DLC that has been teased in the main game. Devil Engine: Complete Edition finally brings us the Switch version as well as the DLC and 1993 Shenandoah as an added bonus.
Here is an overview of Devil Engine:
A last desperate attempt to destroy what was once supposed to be our savior. One final mission to prevent a catastrophic future. A single ship against Earth’s entire military. The Andraste is the only hope of defeating the devil machine.
Devil Engine is a highly dynamic, classic-style side-scrolling shoot-em-up heavily influenced by the best of the genre from the 32-bit era, featuring a variety of incredible locations, hand-drawn pixel art and a bloodthirsty soundtrack that brings the dark to life future to live.
- Use 3 types of shots with unique bombs to destroy everything in your path.
- With careful play, build a combination that will multiply your points and exploit it with a bullet-absorbing shot.
- Compete in 8 game modes to gain the upper hand.
- Leave a wave of carnage in 6 incredibly detailed levels.
- Points aren’t just for collecting! Spend your earned points to unlock in-game shaders, additional music, levels and playable ships.
- Pulsating music with tracks by famous shmup composer Hyakutarou Tsukumo.
Devil Engine: Complete Edition will be sold digitally on Switch and a physical version has also been confirmed for Japan. The official website for the game can be found here Here.
Update (September 11th): The game has been delayed for a few weeks. As of now, the title will be released on November 9, 2023.