“Dancing With the Stars” fans are expressing disappointment following the double elimination on Monday, November 7, 2022 on “90’s Night”.
SPOILER WARNING: Spoilers follow for Dancing With the Stars Season 31 Episode 9, “90’s Night”. Don’t read any further if you don’t want parts of the episode spoiled for you.
At the end of the evening, the couple with the lowest combined scores and votes were automatically sent home. The next two pairs with the lowest combination were in the bottom two for the night.
The couple who were automatically sent home were Heidi D’Amelio and Artem Chigvintsev.
The last two at the end of the night were Trevor Donovan and Emma Slater, and Vinny Guadagnino and Koko Iwasaki. The judges opted to save Donovan and Slater.
Some fans expressed their feelings about the eliminations on social media.
Fans felt sad for Vinny Guadagnino & Heidi D’Amelio after elimination
Although some fans have been waiting for Guadagnino to be sent home, others were sad to see his time at the end of the competition.
“Oh no, Vinnie! I’m so sad to see you go. It was so much fun watching you and I enjoyed every dance! #dwts”, one person wrote on twitter.
Another person tweeted“I’m so sad to see Vinny going but it’s okay that Trevor is going next week. He’s at the bottom every week.”
Some people thought his time had come but were still sad when the Jersey Shore star left the show.
“I will miss Vinny so much on my screen but those eliminations were fair.” one person wrote on Reddit after the show.
Guadagnino and Iwasaki had a tough time getting high scores from the judges throughout the season. The week before her departure, Carrie Ann Inaba told Iwasaki that her choreography needed an overhaul and that fans had been demanding for weeks that Guadagnino be sent home because of his low score.
Until this week, he had been kept away from the bottom two by voices from viewers.
Some fans were also sad that D’Amelio was sent home. She topped the rankings for weeks, but the judges criticized her for not showing enough emotion in her dances.
“So sad to see Heidi go but she absolutely did an amazing job #dwts” one person tweeted after the episode.
Another person wrote“Oh so sad! @heididamelio you were amazing. I’m a new fan. Love you and @artemchigvintsev!!! I voted for you. So sorry!! #dwts”
What songs and dances were performed on ’90s night? Who was at the top of the leaderboard?
While the judges’ scores don’t count for everything, they do play a role when contestants are sent home at the end of the night.
Eliminated contestants are determined by the number of votes received from viewers combined with the score achieved by dancing throughout the night.
This is what the ranking list looked like at the end of the evening:
- Wayne Brady and Witney Carson salsaed to Boyz II Men’s “Motownphilly” original score: 40 out of 40, end result: 45
- Charli D’Amelio and Mark Ballas danced a tango to “Song 2” by Blur, original score: 40 out of 40, end result 45
- Shangela and Gleb Savchenko danced a samba to the Spice Girls’ ‘Spice Up Your Life’, original music 37 of 40, Result after season: 42
- Gabby Windey and Val Chmerkovskiy danced a samba to “Livin’ La Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin, original score: 40 out of 40
- Trevor Donovan and Emma Slater danced a salsa to “Barbie Girl” by Aqua, original score: 34 out of 40, Total score: 39
- Daniel Durant and Britt Stewart performed a jazz dance to “Enjoy the Silence” by Depeche Mode, original score: 39 out of 40
- Heidi D’Amelio and Artem Chigvintsev performed a contemporary dance to “Ironic” by Alanis Morissette: 35 out of 40
- Vinny Guadagnino and Koko Iwasaki danced a tango to “What Is Love” by Haddaway, original score: 29 out of 40
The episode also featured relay dances that allowed the winning couples an extra five points. Here’s how they evolved:
- Shangela and Gleb Savchenko vs. Daniel Durant and Britt Stewart: Cha Cha on “Ice Ice Baby” Performed Live by Vanilla Ice, Winner: Shangela
- Vinny Guadagnino and Koko Iwasaki vs. Trevor Donovan and Emma Slater: Samba to “My Lovin’ (You’re Gonna Get It)” performed live by En Vogue
- Heidi D’Amelio and Artem Chigvintsev versus Wayne Brady and Witney Carson: Samba to “Shoop” performed live by Salt-N-Pepa
- Charli D’Amelio and Mark Ballas vs. Gabby Windey & Val Chmerkovskiy: Salsa to “Ain’t Gonna Hurt Nobody” performed live by Kid ‘N Play
Dancing With the Stars airs Mondays at 8pm ET/5pm PT on Disney+.
https://heavy.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars/vinny-koko-heidi-elimination-tonight-reaction/ Dancing With the Stars fans sad after Week 9 double elimination