Many “Dance with the Stars” Cast members – including a popular professional dancer – have signed up to compete in a new reality competition series titled Criss Angel’s Magic With the Stars.
Here’s what you need to know:
Maksim Chmerkovskiy & 9 other DWTS alumni have joined the cast of Season 1 of Magic With the Stars
The cast of Magic With the Stars Season 1 includes professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy and nine other former Dancing With the Stars cast members.
Dancing With the Stars alumni include:
- Maksim Chmerkovskya pro from season two through season 25
- Corbin Bleuthe runner-up of season 17 with a professional partner Karina Smirnoff
- Miles Brown, the runner-up on Dancing With the Stars: Juniors with partner Rylee Arnold and mentor Lindsey Arnold
- Randy Couture, the 11th place finisher from season 19 with pro partner Karina Smirnoff
- Vernon Davis, 11th place finisher of season 29 with partner Peta Murgatroyd
- Debbie Gibson, 12th place finisher of season 25 with Pro Partner Alan Bersten
- Lolo Jones, 13th place finish of season 19 with a pro partner Keo Motsepe
- Frankie Munizthe third place finisher of season 25 with Pro Partner Witney Carson
- Donny Osmondthe winner of the ninth season with Pro Partner Kym Johnson Herjavec
- Johnny Weirthe sixth-placed from season 29 with professional partner Brit Steward
Other celebrities appearing on Magic With the Stars include Real Housewife Cynthia Bailey, Actor Brec Bassinger, Comedian Michael Ian Black, Rapper Flavor Flav, R&B Singer Ginuwine, UFC Champion Frank Mir, R&B Singer Omarion, Pop singer Jeff Timmons, actor Matt Walsh and Olympic figure skater Tara Lipinski.
This is how “Magic with the Stars” works.
The idea behind “Magic With the Stars” is that in each episode “two celebrities train [magician Criss Angel] and learn his award-winning, revolutionary magic to compete and create a dazzling array of magical performances,” reads The CW’s press release.
The press release continues:
The celebrity contestants are tasked with mastering three main categories of magic, which they perform before a panel of three judges: Angel, Emmy-winning comedian Loni Love, and master magician Lance Burton. In each episode, the celebrity with the highest score wins the coveted Golden Wand. The series will be filmed on the Amystika Stage at the Criss Angel Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino Las Vegas, and will be hosted by acclaimed comedian and actor Eddie Griffin.
For more than two decades, Criss Angel has dominated the magic world as “the greatest magician in history” (Vanish Magazine). From starring, creating, executive producing and directing the “highest-grossing magical television series of all time” (WHERETraveler), “Criss Angel MINDFREAK” on A&E Network, to his best-selling Las Vegas stage shows, “Criss Angel MINDFREAK” and “AMYSTIKA ‘, smashing Broadway and touring runs of ‘RAW’, countless critically acclaimed television specials and series, best selling books, highest grossing retail products, music CDs and more, Angel is ‘the most influential and acclaimed magician of modern times’ ( Broadway World) with over 5 billion views online alone.
“Magic With the Stars” premieres Saturday, October 22 at 8 p.m. Eastern and Pacific Time on The CW.
Dancing With the Stars airs Monday nights at 8 p.m. Eastern/5 p.m. Pacific Time on Disney Plus.
https://heavy.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars/magic-with-the-stars-cast/ DWTS Pro & 9 other graduates join ‘Magic With the Stars’