Here’s your live recap of Dancing With the Stars Season 31 Week Eight, which has a ’90s nighttime theme and features guest appearances from En Vogue, Salt-N-Pepa, Kid ‘n Play and Vanilla Ice, who a “Dancing with the Stars” alum. The dance styles and songs are listed below and follow as we summarize the jury’s comments and ratings, but be warned of spoilers. Also, there’s a double elimination this week, so two pairs go home.
Trevor Donovan & Emma Slater, salsa
Trevor and Emma looked absolutely amazing dressed as Barbie and Ken as they danced to Aqua’s Barbie Girl. Other than that, their salsa was pretty solid. However, Trevor might get in a bit of trouble because he’s just not in the top half of the remaining group. “A couple of awkward moments but I can see your confidence and I love to see that,” said judge Derek Hough. They earned 8s from Carrie Ann Inaba and Derek and 9s from Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli for a 34 out of 40.
Shangela & Gleb Savchenko, samba
Shangela and Gleb danced a samba to the Spice Girls’ “Spice Up Your Life.” Shangela was dressed up as Scary Spice and four other female pros are the other Spice Girls it was amazing. The dance was great too, Shangela really kept up with Gleb and the samba is so hard, a very fast latin dance. “Listen Scary Spice, there was nothing scary about that performance, well done!” said Hough. They received a 9 from the male judges and a 10 from Carrie Ann for a 37 out of 40.
Wayne Brady & Witney CarsonSalsa
Wayne and Witney salsaed to Boyz II Men’s “Motownphilly,” which is such a great song, and Wayne’s outfit was just right. The dance was really good too, so full of salsa content and difficult choreography. “Once you get into the groove, there’s no stopping you,” said Bruno. Derek also confirmed that it was a very difficult dance. They earned four 10s for a 40 out of 40.
Daniel Durant & Britt Stewart, Jazz
Daniel and Britt did a beautiful jazz dance to Depeche Mode’s “Enjoy the Silence.” They stopped the music about halfway to give the audience an idea of what it’s like to dance when you’re deaf. It was very effective and cool.
The dance styles & songs
The couples and their dance styles and the songs they perform to are:
- Actor/singer Wayne Brady and pro Witney Carson will perform a salsa to Boyz II Men’s “Motownphilly.”
- TikTok star Charli D’Amelio and pro Mark Ballas perform a tango to Blur’s ‘Song 2’
- Heidi D’Amelio (“The D’Amelio Show”) and professional Artem Chigvintsev will perform a contemporary to Alanis Morissette’s “Ironic.”
- TV star Trevor Donovan and pro Emma Slater will perform a salsa to Aqua’s Barbie Girl
- Actor Daniel Durant (Oscar®-winning “CODA”) and professional Britt Stewart will perform a jazz on Depeche Mode’s “Enjoy the Silence.”
- Vinny Guadagnino (“Jersey Shore”) and pro Koko Iwasaki will perform a tango to Haddaway’s “What Is Love.”
- Drag queen superstar Shangela and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a samba to the Spice Girls’ “Spice Up Your Life.”
- Gabby Windey (“The Bachelorette”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a samba to “Livin’ La Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin
The relay dances are as follows:
- Shangela & Gleb vs. Daniel & Britt
Cha Cha on “Ice Ice Baby” performed live by Vanilla Ice
- Vinny & Koko vs Trevor & Emma
Samba to “My Lovin’ (You’re Gonna Get It)” performed live by En Vogue
- Heidi & Artem vs Wayne & Witney
Samba to “Shoop” performed live by Salt-N-Pepa
- Charli & Mark vs. Gabby & Val
Salsa to “Ain’t Gonna Hurt Nobody” performed live by Kid ‘N Play
Dancing With the Stars airs Mondays at 8 p.m. Eastern Time and 5 p.m. Pacific Time on Disney Plus.
https://heavy.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars/week-8-live-recap-spoilers-double-elimination-season-31/ DWTS Week 8 Spoilers: Double Elimination & Live Recap 11/7/2022