New gameplay is here Ebenezer and the Invisible World, a 2D Metroidvania title. This one came out on Switch this week.
Further information can be found in the following overview:
Join Ebenezer Scrooge and a team of ghostly allies as they fight to save London from the clutches of wealthy industrialist Caspar Malthus and his militant private guard. Explore the dark corners of London with each spirit giving them their unique abilities and discover the sinister influence of the Dark Spirit and an army of unrepentant spirits. Will you have the courage to confront Caspar and stop his malicious plans before it’s too late?
- Meet and unlock powerful spirits, each with their own stories and quests to complete, and give Ebenezer his powers in this adventure.
- Explore Victorian London across multiple parts of the city and discover the dark secrets of the Malthus family.
- Traverse the world in extraordinary ways with the help of moving spirits, including trapeze artists Rose and Flossie Reed, mountaineer Victoria Peak, professor of time and space Haley Hall, and many others.
- Use each spirit’s special abilities to explore the world while battling a legion of unrepentant spirits that have descended on London since the return of the Dark Spirit.
- Enjoy the narrative through in-game dialogue and cutscenes and learn about the tragic backstories of spirits now connected to the mortal world.
- Learn and master a complicated map in a classic non-linear metroidvania with limited skills.
- Collect limited materials like Aether, Iron, and Mugwort to unlock new items and abilities.
- Discover secret areas and rare materials.
- All artwork is hand-drawn and features frame-by-frame coloring and animations.
Continue below for a look at the gameplay of Ebenezer and the Invisible World on the Switch.
Ebenezer and the Invisible World is live on the Switch eShop. It can only be played in English.