City Connection and Happymeal today announced Final Exerion, an updated version of Jaleco’s 1983 arcade shooter Switch. It will be available worldwide on September 21, 2023.
The new “Final” series is a series of games with a new original story, new gameplay and redesigned graphics. Learn more about the upcoming release in the overview below:
Year 3000 of the integration period. The invasion of genetically mutated monsters called “Gene Beasts” from space brought Earth into unprecedented danger.
As a countermeasure, the Earth Protection Army completed the Ex Fighter, a state-of-the-art fighter with forbidden technology unearthed from ancient ruins.
Our mission now is to reclaim Earth from the genetic beasts!
Dominate the battlefield with the Ex Cell On system
Master powerful punches with the 7 CELLs.
1. Maximize the CELL display
During a fight, the CELL meter gradually increases. When the display reaches the maximum, call a new CELL.
2. The carrier comes out of the base
The item carrier comes to you with a countdown. Wait for it to reach you.
3. Carrier arrival and support attack activated!
Once the carrier arrives, he will cover you with fire attacks. You are invincible, so get the item you requested!
4. Replace your CELL with the new one and fight!
All 7 CELLs you can get randomly are powerful, although ammo is limited. If you run out of ammo, you can ask for a new CELL. Sometimes running out of ammo can be a good strategy.
- Instruction Panel: An instruction panel is available in the game. Just like in the good old game centers.
- Online Ranking: The online ranking mode is available in “Normal” and “Hard” difficulty levels.
- Languages: You can play in Japanese or English. The demo manga included in the game is also available in English.
- Volume options: You can change the BGM and SE volume according to your preference.
What is Exerion?
Exerion is an arcade game developed by Jaleco and released in 1983. It was one of Jaleco’s most popular titles, with its three-dimensional scrolling ground that emerges from the background and its gameplay in which the player shoots enemies while controlling the fighter’s inertia.
Check out a trailer for Final Exerion below.
The game will be released digitally on the Switch eShop. Visit the official website Here.