Fire destroyed family business which was open more than 40 years

A FIRE that destroyed a family business that had been in existence for more than 40 years is believed to have started accidentally.

Two firefighters were called to Garswood Gates in Arch Lane, Ashton-in-Makerfield just before 6.50am on Thursday 2 February.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a fire in an outbuilding behind the property.

Most of the fire was out when crews arrived and firefighters were putting out any remaining blaze.

The fire is believed to have started accidentally.

Firefighters left the scene at 8:32 a.m.

Garswood Gates took to social media to update its customers, saying: “We are devastated to write such a disturbing message to our customers.

“But in the early hours of this morning we received a horrific phone call regarding our 40 year old family business which was destroyed by fire.

“Unfortunately we can’t carry on as normal for the next few weeks as we try to rebuild our lively Hood. So if you have placed orders with us, we will deliver all orders placed as soon as possible. Thank you for your support during this TERRIBLE TIME” Fire destroyed family business which was open more than 40 years

Brian Ashcraft is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button