Screenshot of Pro Game Guides
Comparisons between franchise rates are very important for players to inform themselves. Among other things, this can help those players decide whether or not to buy the new title. Fire Emblem Engage has a few differences from Fire Emblem Three Houses, but there are many things both have in common. And is one better than the other?
Similarities and differences between Fire Emblem Engage and Three Houses
Comparisons between franchise rates are very important for players to inform themselves. Among other things, this can help those players decide whether or not to buy the new title. Here are the Main differences and similarities between Fire Emblem Engage and Three Houses, divided into five categories:
|activities||– Average fishing minigame
– Improved usefulness in forging
– Fewer mini-games and minor tasks compared to Three Houses
|– Average fishing minigame
– Smithing has less utility
– A plethora of side quests, mini-games and other activities apart from the main storyline
|battle||– Weapon triangle is present
– Battlefield can be traveled after a battle
– Rings, both Emblem and Bond, are extremely important in battle
|– Weapon Triangle is not available
– Battlefield can no longer be explored after a battle
– No emblem system with rings in battle, the aide system is used instead
|characters|| – The protagonist is just a choice between male and female. The protagonist has voiced lines with a clearer personality
– A well-rounded group of characters
|– Faced with the choice between a male and a female protagonist. No voice acting for the protagonist. The protagonist has minimal personality
– Round characters in your party
|pacing||– More streamlined storyline with faster battles||– Slow and rambling plot with fewer cutscenes. More menial activity between plot points|
|romance/Social||– Weaker social mechanics, less focus on relationships
– No explicit romance options, instead a tier/level system based on affection and trust
| – Much stronger social mechanics compared to Engage
– Explicit romance options and routes for players to create
Related: How to change difficulty in Fire Emblem Engage
Is Fire Emblem Engage better than Fire Emblem Three Houses?
While it’s subjective as to whether one game is better than another, some fans have strong opinions as to which entry into the Fire Emblem franchise performs better. What we can say is that What you want to get out of a Fire Emblem game changes what’s better for you as a player.
If you’re hoping for more social mechanics, a slower story, and want to romance a character, Fire Emblem Three Houses is probably the best option for you. For those who want a more classic combat system, a storyline that’s more combat-focused, and less stressful in terms of social engagements or romance, Fire Emblem Engage may be best for them.
Want more great information about Fire Emblem Engage? If so, see Should I Choose Casual or Classic Mode in Fire Emblem Engage? on Pro Game Guides.
https://progameguides.com/fire-emblem-engage/fire-emblem-engage-vs-three-houses-compared/ Fire Emblem Engage vs. Three Houses compared