A 16-year-old girl was found dead in a Starbucks restroom, suspected of an overdose.
Gwynevere Staddon was found unresponsive by an employee in the bathroom of a Port Moody Starbucks, reports Global News.
According to Port Moody Police, the teenager was unable to be resuscitated by rescue workers. She was found with a small amount of drugs and paraphernalia in her possession.
Staddon’s mother, Veronica, says she has “full suspicion” her daughter died of a fentanyl overdose, says CBC. Her official cause of death has yet to be determined.
“My best friend, my daughter, my sweet baby… I will never stop missing you,” the mother wrote on Facebook. “My heart won’t stop breaking.”
According to Veronica, Gwynevere had struggled with substance abuse for some time. Before her death, she told her mother that she had stopped consuming it for three weeks.
“I quit so I’m fine now Mom,” Veronica recalled Gwynevere’s words. “It was calling her name, and so she thought, ‘One more time.’ The one more time was the very last time.”
Veronica says she tried to get Gwynevere into rehab, but the waiting lists for public clinics are too long and she can’t afford a private clinic.
“If I don’t have $50,000 available, I can’t use it as a resource,” she told CBC.
“The whole world misses out on a born entertainer,” Veronica continued. “Either that or a future politician.”
Veronica says she wants more to be done to get drug dealers off the streets and rehabilitate those in need.
https://celebritygazers.com/girl-16-found-dead-in-starbucks-bathroom-then-customers-see-whats-beside-her-body/ Girl, 16, found dead in Starbucks bathroom then customers see what’s next to her body