Image via Activision Blizzard
Merging your Overwatch account with Overwatch 2 is an important step to get you started and, along with setting up SMS protection, is something players need to do when launching the game.
How to merge Overwatch accounts to Overwatch 2?
Connecting accounts to Battle.net can be a bit confusing without help, so players can follow the steps below to connect their desired accounts.
- Go to the Battle.net website and log into the account you will use to play Overwatch 2.
- Navigate to Account Setting section of the site.
- On the Account Settings page, locate the links Tab in the sidebar.
- The Connections tab allows players to do this associate their different accounts (Nintendo, Xbox, Playstation, Google, Twitch, etc.). It is important to attach the accounts on which Overwatch was played as well as the platform on which Overwatch 2 is played.
* It is important to note that the account that is linked for the first time is pretty much set in stone. Players can change which accounts are linked to their Battle.net account, but they must wait a reasonable amount of time before switching linked accounts once set up.
Related: What is the push game mode in Overwatch 2? How to play, strategy and more!
What does merging accounts do in Overwatch 2?
Merging accounts allows players to keep progress made in Overwatch, so they don’t have to start from scratch in Overwatch 2. Skins and most unlocks are transferred once accounts are linked. So this is great news for returning Overwatch players.
Interested in other helpful Overwatch 2 guides and want to read more? Check out who the Junker Queen is in Overwatch 2. – Skill overview in Pro Game Guides!
https://progameguides.com/overwatch/how-to-merge-an-existing-overwatch-account-with-overwatch-2/ How to merge an existing Overwatch account into Overwatch 2