Image via Microsoft
Minecraft is one of the most popular titles available on almost all platforms. This includes consoles, PCs and even mobile devices. But one platform you might be wondering about is VR, and the answer is yes – Minecraft can be played on Oculus Quest 2. But you might be wondering how to play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2.
Playing Minecraft in VR on your Oculus Quest 2 is different Depending on the game version They have. The Minecraft Bedrock Edition is much easier to get up and running than the Java Edition. How to play Minecraft Bedrock and Java Editions on Oculus Quest 2.
Related: Best Minecraft Mushroom Island Seeds (2021)
How to play Minecraft Bedrock on Oculus Quest 2
The Bedrock Edition of Minecraft is practically ready to go for Oculus Quest 2. You only need to prepare a few steps. Here’s how to play Minecraft Bedrock on Oculus Quest 2.
- Connect your Oculus Quest 2 and your PC with the Oculus Link app.
- Create a shortcut for Minecraft on your desktop.
- Open Oculus Link on your PC and launch Minecraft.
How to play Minecraft Java on Oculus Quest 2
It takes a bit more effort to get the Java Edition of Minecraft running on Oculus Quest 2. But the advantage of this version is that you can play with mods. Here’s how to play Minecraft Java on Oculus Quest 2.
- Install the Oculus Link app and the Java Edition (client) of Minecraft on your PC.
- Install the Vivecraft mod and Steam VR on your PC.
- Open the Oculus Link and then SteamVR on your PC.
- Select the Airlink interface from your Oculus Quest 2.
- Use your right controller to select the virtual desktop.
- Open Minecraft Java under Vivecraft and select Play.
Minecraft is already an exciting and fun game, but VR takes it to a whole new level. If you have an Oculus Quest 2, we recommend trying Minecraft in VR for yourself!
For more Minecraft info, check out Best Minecraft Seeds (April 2022) – Xbox One, PS4, and All Platforms! and Minecraft Coral Reef Seeds 1.18 (April 2022) in the Pro Game Guides.
https://progameguides.com/minecraft/how-to-play-minecraft-on-oculus-quest-2/ How to play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2