Images via VR Chat
If you’ve created or acquired a custom-made avatar for your VR Chat profile, you’ll want to show it off. However, before you can do this, you need to actually get your new avatar into the game. While the process can seem a bit daunting, with a little help, uploading your first avatar can be a piece of cake.
Once you have the files for your avatar ready, it’s time to start the upload process. Like most add-ons that players want to add to a game, you’ll need to download some additional software to get your stuff into the game. Luckily, VR Chat is really user-friendly and wants their players to upload creative new avatars.
Related: Can you play Resident 4 VR on PC?
Here’s how to include your avatar in the game:
- Click here and download SDK3-Avatar.
- Click here to download the current version of Unity.
- Launch Unity and create a new project.
- Drag and drop the SDK3-Avatar file into the content box.
- Drag and drop the avatar file, as well as any necessary assets, such as shaders, into the box.
- Go to the generator tab and click “build and publish.”
- Enter the name, description of the new Avatar, and check any boxes that apply.
- Hit upload, it may take a few minutes, but your avatar will be ready to use soon.
While this may seem like a lot of steps at first, it’s a pretty streamlined process. The biggest hurdles are the time it takes to download the necessary programs and your profile picture file.
For more VR fun check out How to play between us in VR on the Professional Game Guide.
https://progameguides.com/guides/how-to-upload-avatars-to-vr-chat/ How to upload profile picture to VR chat