In a new series Instagram Posten appeared to appeal to YNW Melly for help and accused authorities of mistreatment.
YNW Melly: ‘I’ve been threatened by deputies, lieutenants and sergeants’
The uploads came on Monday afternoon. Underneath two separate photos from various mugshots, Melly spoke about some of the experiences he is said to be facing during his incarceration.
He began by claiming authorities were keeping him in complete isolation in an “empty unit.”
“Since that moment today, I’m officially scared for my life. A new captain named Hubert and XO Jenkins have taken over the prison for two weeks now and have given me even tougher sentences than the previous ones. Since December 1, I have been transferred and housed in a unit that accommodates 24 inmates at one time. I am the only inmate housed in the vacant unit, with no phone privilege, no television, and no access to a newspaper.”
Melly went on to say he was “subjecting to cruel and unusual punishment.” He also accused certain officers of threatening him while he was in custody.
“I have been subjected to cruel and unusual treatment by deputies and senior officials in the Broward Sheriffs Office. I’ve been threatened by deputies, lieutenants and sergeants who said “they’re going to hide me from the world” and threatened to “beat my ass every day and if I tell my attorneys they’re going to lie and say I got them first.” beaten”. Words from Sergeant Anthony Kidd and Lieutenant Jean Baptiste.”
The rapper says he hasn’t had phone privileges since early May
In a second Instagram post, the Murder On My Mind artist went on to share that his “phone privileges [have been] taken indefinitely.”
“If I had been treated like any other inmate at this facility my phone PIN would have been restored and phone privileges returned after 30 days per the manual. However, I have been without phone privileges since MAY 8th, 2022 and have not had my phone PIN back since the first year I have been here… My phone privileges are being indefinitely revoked for violating a harmless phone policy, which entails a maximum penalty of 30 days! !!”
During his statement, YNW Melly said quite openly that he is “placed and surrounded in the care of MPs and senior captains” who don’t like him on the outside.
He concluded by claiming, “I’m not safe in the hands of these people… I can’t spend another day here.” He also asked to be “transferred to another county jail” while awaiting his day in court.
“I’m not safe in the hands of these people, especially when the senior commander in prison ‘doesn’t like me’. I’m afraid for my life. My family is afraid for my life. I can’t do another day here. Please help me get transferred to another county jail pending my trial. YOU’RE WELCOME!”
Melly awaits a double murder trial
YNW Melly’s news comes from behind bars as he continues to await his day in court. He notably faces a double murder trial as he is accused of killing two longtime friends of his, Anthony “YNW Sakchaser” Williams and Christopher “YNW Juvy” Thomas Jr.
As The shadow room As previously reported, Melly previously faced a potential death penalty, but it was taken off the table for technical reasons. While he doesn’t have to worry about the death penalty, YNW Melly still faces a life sentence.
We should also add that in September, Melly and his cellmate were accused of plotting an escape. Surprisingly, one of his lawyers has been accused of involvement in the alleged plan.
What do you think of YNW Melly’s Instagram posts?
https://theshaderoom.com/ynw-melly-shares-troubling-messages-from-jail-i-am-officially-in-fear-of-my-life/ “I’m officially afraid for my life”