Image via The Pokémon Company
One of the best aspects of any Pokémon game, especially Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, is the ability to trade your Pokémon with your friends. In the past, you needed a so-called connection cable to trade with your friends. This was literally a cable that you would connect from one console to another to be able to send Pokémon to your friend’s game cartridge. Luckily this is no longer necessary! In the latest installment of the popular franchise, you can trade with your friends in two ways.
Related: Best Nature for Magikarp & Gyarados in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
How to trade Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
The two ways you can trade Pokémon Scarlet & Violet are as follows:
- link trading
- You can start a link trade by opening the main menu and selecting the Poké Portal option.
- If you’re trading offline with a friend, continue. If not, press the L button to connect to the internet.
- Here you can select the Link Trade option followed by + button to set up a link code.
- Select the option to start the search. When your friends connect with you, they must enter the same unique link code to continue.
- surprise trade
- You can start a surprise trade by opening the main menu and selecting the Poké Portal option.
- You will be automatically connected to the internet at this point if you haven’t already.
- You will then be prompted to choose which Pokemon you want to part with.
- The search for a trading partner then begins. When one is found, a green tick will appear in the top right corner of your screen. You can cancel the surprise trade at any time by returning to the surprise trade window.
For more Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, check out Best Nature for Gastly, Haunter & Gengar in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet and Best Nature for Happiny, Chansey & Blissey in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet in the Pro Game Guides.
https://progameguides.com/pokemon-scarlet-and-violet/is-the-link-cable-in-pokemon-scarlet-violet/ Is the connection cable included in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet?