The Cleveland Browns have spent the last few years building a squad strong enough to compete for the AFC North Division, and one of the brightest members of that squad has just announced his intentions for the future.
The two-time All Pro issuer Jack Conklin is committed to Cleveland’s vision for the years to come, even if it seems a bit confusing at the moment due to the drama and uncertainty that continue to swirl. around new defender Deshaun Watson.
Conklin delivers his own words behind the Browns on Wednesday, August 3, every Nate Ulrich of Beacon Magazine.
“#Browns RT Jack Conklin says he’d love to stay in Cleveland beyond next season, this is his last contract,” Ulirch wrote.
But the offensive lineman who won trips to the Pro Bowl in both 2016 and 2020 has done more than just talk. He also walks when showing allegiance to the Browns family.
Conklin was set to make $12 million in unsecured funds by 2022. Instead, he redo his deal, returns $4 million in return for a fully guaranteed $8 million salary with the opportunity to make back the money he lost through incentives, including time on the field. The move did provide Conklin with some insurance coverage, but it also allowed the franchise more flexibility in terms of limits towards a season that the Browns have spent so much on.
The latest Browns news straight to your inbox! Register Heavy on the Browns newsletter here!
Conklin has the worst injury of his NFL career with the Browns in 2021
Conklin spent most of his career as an ironworker, but that reputation was literally shattered last season. He missed 10 games with various health issues, including a patellar tendon tear he suffered against the Baltimore Raven in November.
The first-round draft player previously missed seven regular seasons starting in four with the Tennessee Titans and sidelined one game in his first campaign with the Browns in 2020, according to Pro Football Reference.
Conklin told Ulrich he knows he needs to rebuild his reputation for durability and by expanding his value, if he hopes the Browns offer him a contract extension of his own. them as a new multi-year contract in 2023.
Conklin was removed from the PUP roster in the second week of training camp
Conklin reintegrated with his teammates at training camp on Monday, August 1, after being medically notified and removed from the team’s inability to compete (PUP) list. He spoke to Anthony Poisel on the official Browns website about how he’s feeling after months of recovering from a knee injury.
“I have spent many hours here. I want to come back here and help the team,” Conklin told Poisel in an interview Wednesday. “I feel good, it’s going very well.”
“I just need to get comfortable and just let my knees get back to the feeling they are used to in football,” Conklin continued. “So far, things are going great. I feel stronger than I’ve had in a long time just since putting in all these hours.”
Heavier on Browns News
Loading more articles
https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/jack-conklin-injury-ravens-deshaun-watson/ Jack Conklin makes a big statement about the future of the Browns