Mom charged with murder after son, 4, dies from THC gummies

A Virginia Mom faces felony murder and child neglect charges after her 4-year-old son died from eating marijuana gumdrops earlier this year.

Dorothy Annette Clements failed to help her son Tanner Clements quickly enough after he was found unresponsive at a home they visited in May, according to investigators.

Tanner died two days later, NBC San Diego reports.

Detective found empty THC gummy jar at home, toxicology, autopsy results show extremely high levels of THC

Clements told detectives her son ate half of a CBD gummy, adding that she called the poison control center and was told he was fine, the search warrant documents claim.

However, one detective said she found an empty gummy THC jar at home, and toxicology results eventually showed Tanner had extremely high levels of TCH in his system when he died.

An autopsy revealed that THC, the compound in marijuana that gets people high, was the cause of the boy’s death.

Authorities say he might have survived if his mother had helped him more quickly.

Pediatrician in the ER says excessive amounts of THC can be a problem for children

dr Jill McCabe, a pediatric emergency room physician at Inova Loudoun Hospital, said that lots of THC can be a problem for children, she said News4Washington.

And as weed becomes legal in more and more states, it’s a problem facing more and more children across the country.

“THC gum definitely poses a risk to children in any amount. There are many reasons for this. One of them is that there’s no childproofing on the packaging,” McCabe said. “They also look like candy and are therefore something that when children encounter them, most children will put that in their mouths and ingest it.”

CommCans cannabis-infused gummy candies are stocked at order fulfillment, where they are available for purchase at the CommCans Millis store. Packaging and sale of marijuana products is seen on October 27, 2021 at CommCans facility in Millis, MA. (Photo by Erin Clark/The Boston Globe via Getty Images)

Parents are encouraged to include all THC products that are unregulated and can vary widely in terms of strength, McCabe added.

Maryland mom describes harrowing incident after toddler accidentally eats THC edibles

A Maryland parent told News4 last year that their toddler unknowingly ate an edible marijuana drug that was prescribed for her to sleep on.

“He was unusually lethargic,” Elizabeth Perry said. “…I put him to sleep and laid him down, and he started shaking and crying, looking at me with absolute fear in his eyes.”

Oliver was rushed to Anne Arundel Medical Center while he was having seizures when his vital signs continued to drop. Doctors ran tests on the boy, and he was even intubated and taken to Children’s National Hospital in Washington DC

After 36 hours, Oliver finally made a full recovery, but only because his mother acted quickly, according to McCabe.

A call to the Poison Control Center, 1-800-222-1222, may be sufficient if the child shows minor symptoms.


https://theshaderoom.com/mugshot-virginia-mom-charged-with-felony-murder-after-4-year-old-son-dies-from-eating-thc-gummies/ Mom charged with murder after son, 4, dies from THC gummies

Brian Ashcraft

TheHiu.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@thehiu.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button