MultiVersus Patch Notes (August 2022) – Characters, Buffs, Nerfs, and more!
MultiVersus is a thrilling and fast-paced platform fighter featuring characters across Warner Bros. franchises. Players can play as their favorite characters like Shaggy, Harley Quinn, Steven Universe, and more as they compete in 1v1, 2v2, and free-for-all matches. MultiVersus receives regular updates where Player First Games and Warner Bros. Games buff and nerf characters, add new characters and stages, and add cosmetic items. Here are all updates for MultiVersus patch notes.
MultiVersus Patch Notes August 23, 2022
Morty will be arriving tomorrow! 08/23! He will be our first Plumbus-wielding character!
This patch is entirely server-side so all updates are Online Only and will not be reflected in local/lab play until the next patch.
Ice To Beat You! – Projectiles will only apply Ice debuff to fighters that are not already debuffed by Ice.
I’ll Take That – Unstacked cooldown refund decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.25 seconds
Fixed a bug where ability cooldowns may not trigger when projectiles are spawned close to terrain
+ = Buff
– = Nerf
~ = Change
Note: Attacks callouts reference default controls.
+ Assassin Passive:
Since we removed some power from the Backpack on Finn, we’re pushing some additional power into the rest of Finn’s attacks to give him more kill options.
+ Air/Ground Neutral Special:
+ Air/Ground Down Special (BMO Chop)
+ Assassin Passive:
Garnet buffs are incoming in the next patch!
+ Assassin Passive:
Iron giant is currently dominating with abnormally high win rates at every skill level. Iron Giant’s Neutral Special with stacked cooldown reduction and Velma are causing too few windows for opponents to counterplay. Updates to Iron Giant, global updates to perks, and Velma updates should help provide more windows of opportunity for opponents against Iron Giant.
– Air/Ground Neutral Special:
– Air Up Attack:
– Air/Ground Up Special:
+ Air/Ground Down Special:
~ Fixed a bug that would allow Superman to grapple enemies that wall bounce even if his hitboxes did not connect.
Taz buffs are incoming in the next patch!
– Air/Ground Down Special:
MultiVersus Patch Notes August 15, 2022
Morty will be arriving on 08/23! He will be our first Plumbus-wielding character!
The patch will come in two parts. The first will be on August 15 and the second will be coming shortly afterwards (hopefully in the next few days). So not every change, but most will be in the August 15 patch.
New Free Character Rotation (8/15 – 8/30)
Free Rotation Characters now have an icon in character select to identify them
Battle Pass XP match rewards increased to 10 for wins and 5 for losses, up from 5 for wins and 3 for losses.
Disabled class based Battle Pass missions other than for Tanks
Lowered the requirements for a number of seasonal missions:
Clear The Air – Increased consistency on perk effect.
Make it Rain, Dog! – Projectile speed is now properly applied to thrown items.
Painted Target – Fixed an issue where projectiles weren’t applying bonus damage
Retaliation Ready – Reduced unstacked gray health from 3 HP for 3 seconds to 1 HP for 3 seconds
School Me Once… – Increased consistency on projectile block spawn. Notable – getting hit by Jerry will now spawn a projectile block buff
Slippery When Feint – Fixed an issue where evade distance was not increased on hit cancels
Snowball Effect – Fixed an issue where projectiles weren’t applying bonus damage
Static Electricity – Increased consistency on projectile electric damage application. Notable – thrown items will now apply electricity
Ice Debuff – Movement speed slow at 1 stack reduced from 20% to 15%
Ability Cooldowns – fixed a bug where cooldowns would not trigger properly if used near an ally Jake
FFA – Fixed a bug where pop up text would display the incorrect point value.
Announcer Pack – You can now preview a character’s announcer pack before deciding to unlock it.
Various Bug Fixes –
Glossary and Terms:
+ = Buff
– = Nerf
~ = Change
Note: Attacks callouts reference default controls.
The goal of these changes was to make Arya’s combos be more consistent and successful at lower skill levels.
+ Air/Ground Up Special – Hitting a fighter will now more accurately launch them at an angle to allow follow-ups for Arya
+ Air Up Attack – The first hit will now more accurately combo into the second hit.
+ Neutral Air Attack – Now has earlier branching on hit.
+ Ground Side Attack – Arya will retain velocity on first hit of side attack.
+ Ground Down Attack – Now has slightly earlier dodge branching
~ Air/Ground Neutral Special – Fixed a bug where Arya would not copy over capsule hitboxes on her normal neutral attacks when stealing a fighter’s face.
~ Air/Ground Side Special – Fixed bug where Batman would overshoot his grapple destination if the fighter he was grappling to dodged.
– Ground Side Attack – First hit added 3 frames of whiff recovery.
– Air/Ground Neutral Attack (coming in patch 2): Batarang pick up will now return 9.45s of it’s cooldown down from 11.55s. This change helps create a window from when the batarang is used for the opponent to react. With perks like Coffeezilla causing this cooldown to be even shorter, we felt this change was necessary to create counterplay against the batarang.
Bugs Bunny is a bit too safe in everything he does. We’ve given him some additional whiff punish windows to help address this.
~ Air Up Special – Fixed an exploit where Bugs could spawn two rockets.
~ Air Side Special – Fixed an exploit where Bugs could spawn two rockets.
– Air/Ground Neutral Special – Fixed an exploit where Bugs could spawn multiple safes without triggering his cooldown.
~ Air Down Special – Bugs’ previous tunnels will now disappear when creating new tunnels.
– Air Up Attack
– Air Side Attack – Increased whiff recovery by 5 frames.
– Air Neutral Attack – Increased whiff recovery by 5 frames.
– Ground Down Attack – Pie max lifetime set to 8 seconds, from infinite.
Fighting against Finn felt too difficult as Finn felt a bit too safe and could throw out attacks without much fear of a punish due to how quickly he recovered. Hurt/Hit box foundational updates are coming soon, but will not be in this patch.
– Passive – Attacks affected by Attack Decay no longer spawn coins
+ Air Down Special – Fixed an issue where the gem required 200 gold to spawn, but only cost 100 to spawn. Gem now requires and costs 100
– Air Side Special – Added additional whiff recovery.
– Ground/Air Up Special – Reduced the strength of the vacuum effect on the backpack
– Air Side Attack – Reduced active frames to diminish Finn’s ability to hit fighters behind him
– Ground Down Attack – The distance Finn covers with this attack now scales with how charged the attack is.
– Ground Side Attack – Increased whiff recovery for the first hit.
+ On The House perk – Fixed an issue where Finn still spent gold on gems spawned by the perk
+ Air/Ground Neutral Special – Song activation starts earlier on frame 12 instead of frame 30.
~ Air/Ground Down Special – Fixed bug where Garnet would be stopped by Iron Giant’s collision when she moves with her down special.
+ Air Neutral Attack – Slightly higher base knockback
~Stuffie Bat – Harley bomb vfx shrunk to better match the explosion radius
+ Weight – Increased from 42 to 44.
~ VFX – Global fighter VFX now better matches Iron Giant’s size without making the screen too busy. Notable adjustments include Projectile Block buff, Speed Boost buff, and Steven Bubble debuff
– Air/Ground Down Special – Fixed an issue where VFX trails would persist and fill up the screen
– Air/Ground Neutral Special – Gray Health from activation reduced from 2 + #bolts HP for 5 seconds to #bolts HP for 3 seconds
~ Ground Forward Special – Iron Giant grabs are correctly blocked by incompatible states.
– Air Up Attack – Can no longer hit the same target multiple times
– Air Neutral Attack – Final hit knockback angle changed to send fighters more horizontally and away from Iron Giant
– Ground Up Attack – Gray Health from scrap reduced from 3 HP for 5 seconds to 2 HP for 3 seconds
~ Ground Forward Attack – Fixed attack decay not triggering for all parts of forward attack combo
– Ground Down Attack – Gray health from art reduced from 10 HP for 10 seconds to 6 HP for 3 seconds
– Air Down Attack – Removed instant cancel out of the attack to prevent skateboard infinites
– Ground Up Attack – Additional whiff recovery; Slightly later charge cancel window to make it a bit more committal
~ Air/Ground Side Special – LeBron’s solo dunk no longer spawns a shockwave on the ground.
~ Ground/Air Down Special (No Ball) – Adjusted to prevent ball spam
+ Air Side Attack – Branches earlier on hit; fix for hitbox hitting behind him too much
+ Air Neutral Attack – Branches earlier on hit to increase combo potential.
+ Ground Side Attack/ Ground Down Attack – Removed shared attack decay from side attack and down attack
+ Ground Side Attack – 3 hit combo hits more consistently.
~ Ground Neutral Attack – Fixed angle of attack.
~ Basketball – Fixed some team color issues that would occur when reflecting LeBron basketball.
~ Hot Hands perk – When an ally catches a no-look pass while the Hot Hands perk is equipped, the basketball pass buff will emit flames to let allies know they will throw an ignited basketball
+ Air Up Special – Removed hitpause on ally that threw Reindog when Reindog connects in ball form
– Air/Ground Neutral Special – Increased cooldown from 13s to 14s
+ Air Up Attack – Hitbox size increased
Shaggy’s Side Special felt a little too unpunishable, so we’ve added a bit of Whiff Recovery.
– Rage Air Side Special – Recovery increased by two frames; now better matches rage ground side special
+ Rage Ground Down Special – Shaggy’s shockwave will launch fighters into a final hit that applies Weakened debuff.
– Ground/Air Side Special – Added 4 additional frames of whiff recovery
– Ground Down Special – Watermelon Steven ability cooldown now begins when Watermelon Steven is rung out.
~ Air Neutral Attack – No longer will animation hitch.
~ VO/SFX – Fixed an issue where Steven’s intro VO lines failed to play.
~ Taunt – Fixed an issue where Steven could only perform his up taunt.
– Ground Neutral Attack – Added additional whiff recovery.
– Ground Up Attack – Added additional whiff recovery.
– Ground Down Special – Added additional whiff recovery.
This is the start of our tornado changes for Taz. We will be continuing to monitor the tornado with extra scrutiny in case additional changes are needed.
Chicken Debuff –
+ Air/Ground Down Special – Adjusted projectile movement direction of Taz spit projectiles to be more forward and less of a lob.
+ Air/Ground Neutral Special – If Taz eats a projectile that can’t be spit back out, he will refresh a count of his apple core ability.
– Air/Ground Up Special – Damage reduced from 10 to 9 and base knockback reduced from 1500 to 1350
~ Air/Ground Side Special – Now a cooldown move with a 7-second cooldown. While the cooldown is active, side special is a weaker version of the tornado.
+ Ground Up Attack – Now a two-hit attack. The early hit combos into the sandwich clap
Tom And Jerry
+ Tom And Jerry – Dynamite now applies projectile perk effects.
~ Air Normal Attacks – Fixed a bug that would prevent Tom and Jerry from using normal attacks when Air Special limit had been reached.
– Air Up Special – Fixed an issue where Jerry would continue to have active hit frames when falling from the rocket
– Air Side Special – Reduced move distance.
– Air Up Special – Reduced Weaken stacks from 3 to 2.
– Ground Side Special – Reduced gray health from 12 HP for 4 seconds to 6 HP for 3 seconds
– Air Down Attack – Increased Recovery
– Air Side Attack – Added whiff recovery
– Ground/Air Neutral Attack – Fixed issues when word bubbles would go through Bugs’ Tunnels.
– Weight – Decreased weight from 63 to 60.
– Knowledge Is Power perk – Reduced gray health from 7 HP for 5 seconds to 3 HP for 3 seconds
+ Ground/Air Neutral Special – Lowered cooldown from 13s to 12s
+ Ground Side Special – Projectile Shield comes out earlier to allow her to better react to incoming projectiles.
~ Air Up Attack – Hurtbox should now better match the animation.
+ Weight – Increased weight from 65 to 76
~ Shield of Athena Signature Perk – Adjusted scale of projectile shield for Shield of Athena signature perk to cover an edge case where projectiles would pass above it during a dodge.
MultiVersus Patch Notes July 26, 2022
Lebron James has arrived! He is our first basketball-wielding character!
New Free Character Rotation (7/26 to 8/8)
New Open Beta Warp Event:
For a LIMITED TIME Gold earned from matches has increased by 25% from 7/26 to 8/8 as an Open Beta Welcome Event!
+ = Buff
– = Nerf
~ = Change
Note: Attacks callouts reference default controls.
– Air/Ground Neutral Attack: Cooldown on Batarang increased from 13s to 14s. Pick up of Batarang returns 11.55 second up from 11.05. This means that the minimum time between Batarang throws is 2.45s up from 1.95s.
Batman’s Batarang pick-up cooldown created very small windows where the Batarang wasn’t in play. This change should make it so opponents of Batman have a larger window between Batarang attacks to gain advantage.
Bug Fix: Air/Ground Side Special: Fixed a bug where Grapple would sometimes shoot you off the map.
– Air Up Attack: Startup window increased by 2 frames, active window decreased by 2 frames
The hitbox made it so that Bugs Bunny hit nearly all around himself. This should make the up air a bit more reasonable to deal with.
Bug Fix: Air Down Attack: can no longer combo into itself
Bug Fix: Air/Ground Down Special: can no longer repeatedly hit and lock opponents in place forever
Bug Fix: Air Up Attack: Can no longer repeatedly hit opponents
– Air Neutral Attack: Knocks opponents up and away to prevent an infinite attack caused by alternating Air Down Attack and Air Neutral Attack.
Bug Fix: Fixed a bug that was preventing Taz from doing any aerial attacks once he reached his air special limit.
– Air/Ground Side Special:
If you have been following early access, Taz’s Tornado has been dominating his character kit and presenting a non-obvious knowledge check for newer players. By reducing its effectiveness we hope to improve his gameplay health and loop and bring the game to a healthier state for newer players.
A decrease to the tornado’s duration and the additional duration gained by passing an ally.
Removing one of the multi-hits of the tornado.
Decreasing the hit pause of all the hits in the tornado.
Reduced knockback from the final hit in the tornado from 1375 to 1275.
Right now, our plan is to transition the Tornado to a cooldown move in an upcoming patch. The tornado is Taz’s signature move so we want to keep it as one of his most powerful attacks, with the cooldown forcing more intentional use of it. These nerfs will reduce Taz’s strength, especially at higher levels of play, so expect some buffs to the other moves in his kit in the near future. Thank you for your patience and we will continue to evaluate Taz’s gameplay health.
– Weight: reduced from 70 to 63
It was an oversight on our part that Velma is one of the heaviest characters in the game. This change should bring her more in-line with where we originally envisioned her.
MultiVersus Patch Notes July 19, 2022
Iron Giant has arrived! He is our very first Colossal-sized character!
Steven Universe: Ancient Sky Arena Map is now available to play!
1 – 4 Player Local Play is now available!
After spending 5 seconds wall sliding without touching the ground or starting to wall slide 6 times without touching the ground, you start to wall slide progressively faster.
After spending 10 seconds wall sliding without touching the ground or starting to wall slide 11 times without touching the ground, you suffer Wall Fatigue.
Wall Fatigue effects:
Wall sliding no longer resets your Air Specials and Air Evades.
You no longer get a Double Jump after Wall Jumping.
For every 0.5 seconds of wall sliding or every time you touch a wall, you lose Dodge Meter.
Fire debuff damage now decays over time.
Abilities that use ammo are now divided into two cooldowns: one cooldown to use the ability and one cooldown to refund ammo. Ability cooldown modifiers affect both cooldowns equally.
A Glossary of MultiVersus terms has been added to the main menu.
Added two new advanced tutorials covering Knockback Influence(KBI) and Elemental Interactions.
Invincibility frames are removed when canceling a dodge into an attack unless the dodge successfully dodges an attack.
Dodge Jump movement increase slowed by 5%
Arya – REMOVED – Wounded
Arya – NEW – Betrayal
Hitting an ally with Arya’s dagger has a longer cooldown, but the ally is given an enraged buff. If Arya dashes to a dagger on an ally, she enrages herself.
Bugs Bunny – Lingering Love
Lingering Love projectile now has a cooldown.
Lingering Love was forcing opponents to permanently alter the way they played against Bugs Bunny and felt too oppressive.
Harley – Confetti Explosion
Now earnable through character mastery.
Superman – NEW – Break The Ice
Superman deals additional damage to fighters debuffed by Ice. The additional damage scales with stacks of Ice.
We want players to experiment with tying Frost Breath and Ice stacks into their gameplay!
Taz – REMOVED – Right Back At You
Taz – NEW – I Gotta Get In There!
Taz’s allies can jump into his dogpile, giving it more damage, more knockback, longer duration, and armor.
Many perks have been renamed.
NEW General Perk – Armor Crush
Your team’s fully charged attacks break armor.
Break armor at 75% charge if your ally also selects this perk.
Static Electricity (formerly Electric Projectile)
Charge time reduced to 4 seconds.
No longer charges without grounded movement.
That’s Flammable, Doc! (formerly Fire Projectile)
Ignite duration reduced to 1 second.
Stacked – Duration reduced to 2 seconds.
Ice to Beat You! (formerly Ice Projectile)
Debuff stacks reduced to 1.
Stacked – Debuff stacks reduced to 2.
Absorb ‘n’ Go (formerly Ability Refund On Take Projectile KB)
Unstacked – Ability cooldown refund reduced to 7%
Retaliation-Ready (formerly Projectile Gray Health)
Gray health duration reduced to 3 seconds.
Stacked – Gray health reduced to 4.
+ = Buff
– = Nerf
~ = Change
Note: Attacks callouts reference default controls.
~ Neutral Air Attack:
+ Earlier branch on-hit to make combos more reliable.
– More recovery when whiffed to allow for a slightly larger punish window.
+ Aerial and Grounded Up Special: On-hit movement follow is more consistent.
+ Aerial and Grounded Down Special: Cooldown reduced from 20s to 18s.
This is to give Arya a bit more access to armor pierce as the match progresses.
+ Grounded Up Attack: Has earlier on-hit cancel frames to allow it to combo more reliably.
– Side Air Attack: Hitbox was shrunk to better match the attack animation.
– Grounded Side Attack 1: More whiff recovery to give the attack a bit more risk for its reward.
The goal of these changes are to give Batman earned ring-out power and additional team utility. Giving a number of different attacks and combo routes that give Batman the ability to stack and maintain Weaken Debuff on the enemy.
+ Aerial and Grounded Side Special: Grapple can now be canceled out of using Jump or Dodge.
This should give Batman additional outplay options and give him some team utility that he was lacking previously.
+ Grounded Down Special: While in smoke Batman and allies ignore enemy projectiles.
This should help Batman with a bit more team utility.
+ Aerial and Grounded Neutral Attack: Batarang on hit now applies one stack of Weaken debuff.
+ Up Air Attack 2: Applies one stack of Weaken debuff.
+ Side Air Attack 2: Applies one stack of Weaken debuff.
+ Grounded Up Attack: Applies one stack of Weaken debuff.
– Aerial and Grounded Down Special: When exiting from Tunnels Bugs Bunny and allies’ invincibility frames have been reduced.
– Aerial and Grounded Neutral Special: Bugs Bunny and allies do damage to the Safe when attacking it.
The Safe could stay on the map for too long so we decided ally attacks can also damage the safe, reducing how long the safe stays out overall. This should provide more opportunities and openings for the enemy team to play around.
– Side Air Attack: Has more whiff recovery to allow it to be more punishable.
The goal of these changes are to reduce the easily achievable blazing movement speed Finn has access to.
~ Grounded Down Attack:
+ Hit 1 and 2 chain together more reliably
– Reduced knockback on second hit.
+ Aerial and Grounded Up Special: Hitboxes now connect into each other more consistently.
– Base Movement Speed: Reduced from 2200 to 2100.
– Grounded Down Special: Boots of Speed now gives 10% increased movement speed on first purchase, 5% on the second stack and 3% movement on each subsequent stack, reduced from flat 10% on all stacks. It is now capped at 10 stacks reduced from unlimited stacking.
– Down Air Attack: Hitbox starts a bit later.
– Side Air Attack 2: Increased whiff recovery.
– Neutral Air Attack: Increased whiff recovery.
~ Down Air Special: Crystal now counts as a projectile for perk application
+ Down Air Attack: Startup of move decreased.
+ Neutral Air Attack: Increased base knockback.
– Aerial and Grounded Neutral Special: has additional start up time before it becomes active
Previously the projectile slow would be active on frame 1 which made projectiles nearly useless against an aware Garnet.
– Up Air Attack: Startup of move increased.
– Side Air Attack 1: Takes a bit longer before it can be landing canceled.
– Side Air Attack 2: Added additional whiff recovery to give a larger window where the attack can be punished on misses.
~ Aerial and Grounded Neutral Special:
+ The Bomb will now pierce armor.
+ Harley Bomb Equip no longer counts as an Air Special use.
– Harley Bat Bomb will detonate after 6 seconds even when attached.
This is to prevent how oppresive the bomb could be when attached to Harley. It would cause all approaches to Harley to be unfavorable.
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the bomb would disappear when attached to a player that goes to the edge of the blastbox.
– Up Air Attack: Increased time between use when using Up Air Attack again when Up Air Attack is canceled by landing.
– Side Air Attack: Slightly more whiff recovery.
– Neutral Air Attack: Has more whiff recovery to prevent it from being a very strong and safe option for Harley.
~ Aerial and Grounded Side Special:
+ Can cancel on hit earlier to allow it to more reliably combo.
– Startup of move increased.
– Initial Movement speed slowed from 2x to 1.5 to give more time for opponents to react.
+ Up Air Attack: Can cancel on hit earlier to allow it to more reliably combo.
+ Grounded Up Attack: Can cancel on hit earlier to allow it to more reliably combo.
+ Grounded Down Attack: Can cancel on hit earlier to allow it to more reliably combo.
+ Grounded Neutral Attack: Can cancel on hit earlier to allow it to more reliably combo.
– Weight: Lowered from 75 to 63.
– Side Air Attack: Jake’s stretch punch distance is now based on charge time. The sweet spot on the attack will only apply if charged for a long enough time.
+ Grounded Side Special: Can be canceled immediately on hit.
+ Up Air Attack: Multi-hit will combo a bit more reliably.
+ Grounded Up Attack: Increased hitbox size in front.
+ Grounded Down Attack: Has faster startup.
– Up Air Special: Movement speed increase reduced from 2x to 1.5x.
+ Passive: Shaggy now starts with a Sandwich with each life.
+ Down Air Special: Has armor when starting descent.
+ Grounded Up Attack: Has earlier on hit cancel frames and knockback pushes the opponent up and forward to help Shaggy follow up and combo.
+ Grounded Down Attack: has faster startup.
– Base Movement Speed: Shaggy movement speed reduced from 2300 to 2225.
~ Neutral Dodge: Bubble shield charges and refresh time now shown to the player as an ability cooldown.
– Rose’s Gaze: Requires 10 stacks increased from previous 8 stacks.
Bubbled opponents have more control in the air while bubbled.
Bubbled opponents have more control over their movement while in the bubble.
– Up Air Special: Upward movement reduced.
~ Grounded Down Attack: Has armor removed from the attack, but will now break armor.
+ Aerial and Grounded Down Special: Laser has longer range and now applies projectile debuffs from perks on knockback.
+ Grounded Side Special: Faster startup.
+ Grounded Side Attack: The jab combo will chain together more reliably.
+ General Change: Many of Taz’s attacks will retain velocity when branching into other attacks making his movement less clunky.
+ Neutral Special:
Holding Neutral Special will keep Taz’s mouth open for longer making it easier for Taz to eat projectiles.
+ Grounded Down Attack: Moves further granting it greater range.
– Weight: Decreased from 70 to 63.
– Aerial and Grounded Side Special: Additional commitment before you can cancel out of this attack.
– Aerial and Grounded Down Special: Has ammo to reduce Taz’s zoning effectiveness
– Side Air Special: Taz can no longer turn and change direction of the knockback.
This was leading to really unearned feeling reversals, where Taz’s opponent would knock Taz off platform and try to follow up only to be reversed.
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Taz could turn permanently invisible.
Tom and Jerry
The goal of these changes are to bring some more risk to the really large reward Tom and Jerry have.Tom and Jerry didn’t have enough risks and his close range attacks were a bit too safe.
– Down Air Special: Dynamite ammo cooldown increased from 9s to 12s.
– Up Air Attack: Added additional whiff recovery.
– Down Air Attack: Hit box starts a bit later.
– Side Air Attack: Added additional whiff recovery.
Bug Fix: Jerry Slingshot from Aerial and Grounded Neutral Special will now trigger attack decay.
+ Police Car: Increased health from 15 to 18.
– Neutral Dodge: Projectile Shield will only turn on if Velma has Dodge Meter.
– Up Air Special:
– Reduced size of hitbox.
– Reduce knockback.
– Reduced Weaken debuff stacks from 5 to 3 on hit.
Bug Fix: Can no longer cancel during startup.
– Grounded Up Special: Increased cooldown from 14s to 28s.
– Grounded Side Special: Velma is now only able to cancel the grapple with Grounded Up Attack.
~ Sound: New Sound Effects to make hits feel more powerful.
+ Side Air Attack: Increased hit pause on hits to make the attack feel more powerful.
– Base Movement Speed: decreased from 2300 to 2250.
Wonder Woman speed was causing her to be more oppressive than we intended.
– Aerial and Grounded Neutral Special: Cooldown increased from 8 to 13 seconds.
Lasso was available too frequently and made Wonder Woman oppressive to fight against.
– Side Air Special: Movement distance can no longer be controlled to make the attack more committal.
Bug Fix: Grounded Down Attack hitbox is now more in line with the visuals.
For more information on MultiVersus, check out Is MultiVersus Free to Play? and How to check MultiVersus server status on Pro Game Guides.
https://progameguides.com/multiversus/multiversus-patch-notes/ MultiVersus Patch Notes (August 2022) – Characters, Buffs, Nerfs, and more!