HARRISBURG, PA. (WHTM) – The PA Farm Show 2023 officially ended on Saturday 14th January.
“In Pennsylvania, agriculture is our heritage,” said Secretary of Agriculture Russell Redding. It’s the food on our tables. It is the basis of our economy. It’s our future. Our roots and the progress we have planted and nurtured have been on display over the past eight days. We are really rooted in progress.”
From those delicious Farm Show milkshakes, to the kind of company Pennsylvania has to offer, to all those amazing farm animals, the PA Farm Show was truly unforgettable for all attendees.
The Department of Agriculture has compiled some of the sales figures which can be seen below:
- PA FFA Foundation
- 20,000 slices of pizza and 13,000 lemons that are squeezed into lemonade
- PA State Beekeepers Association
- 515 gallons of honey ice cream served by volunteers putting in more than 1,200 hours
- PA Livestock Association
- 40,000 pounds of produce prepared and served by 250 volunteers
- PA Maple Syrup Producers Council
- 60-80 pounds of maple candy a day, with 2,000 pounds of cotton candy mix served by 150 volunteers
- Pennsylvania State Horticultural Association
- 54,000 cider donuts, 4,700 apple dumplings, 7,000 gallons of cider, 5,000 bags of cotton candy and 60 bushels of apples sold by 360 volunteers
- Mushroom Growers of Pennsylvania
- 8,645 pounds of mushrooms sold
- PA Cooperative Potato Growers
- 20,000 pounds. of french fries, 12,000 lbs. Baked potatoes, 3,600 dozen pierogi with 2,000 pounds of sautéed onions and 18,000 pounds of donut mix served up by workers who put in 6,500 hours
- PA Dairymen’s Association
- 18,580 gallons of milkshakes, 8,200 pounds of mozzarella for cheese cubes and grilled cheese sandwiches with 324 pounds of butter, 1,200 loaves of bread and 320 pounds of cheese slices
- PA Vegetable Growers Association
- 5,600+ Flowering Onions, 7,500 servings of Battered Vegetables, 3,000 Corn Dogs, 1,200 Corn Nuggets, 700 servings of Berry Battered Oreo, 2,000 Fried Pickles, 3,300 Funnel Cakes, 2,000 Bowls of Soup, 3,500 cups of Water with Berries, 3,600 cups of Strawberry Lemonade, 5,700 cups of Strawberry Lemonade Surprise Slush – all served up by more than 300 shifts of volunteers putting in more than 2,000 hours.
Covering a million square feet of space, the 2023 PA Farm Show brought fun, education, heritage, inspiration and innovation under one roof.
https://www.abc27.com/local-news/pafarmshow/pa-farm-show-2023-by-the-numbers/ Pennsylvania Farm Show 2023 in numbers