Everyone’s favorite blue hedgehog is back.
Sonic the Hedgehog came as a surprise in 2020 when the creative team actually redesigned the character’s look in response to backlash from fans of the existing property.
Many praised the film for its humor, imagination, and entertaining performances. Luckily, the movie’s sequel has arrived and offers the same x2 – as all good sequels should.
Directed by Jeff Fowler, both new and familiar characters await you, with plenty of great songs to accompany them on this colorful adventure. So let’s highlight the soundtrack of Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Soundtrack Track Listing
You can listen to the soundtrack for the new film below:
- It’s Tricky – Run-DMC
- The 1812 Overture, Op. 96 – Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky
- Here comes the Hotstepper (Heartical Mix) – Ini Kamoze
- That’s how we do it – Montell Jordan
- Living On The Road – written by Federico Rapagnetta et al.
- Hapa Haole – Written by Porouchi Nawoh
- Don’t know why – Norah Jones
- Me and you – Rich White
- Severny Kozachok – Written by Vyvyon John Ekkel
- Russian Dance 1 – written by Lee Blaske et al.
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson Feat. Bruno Mars
- A Summer Place – Andy Williams
- Hello Pachelbel
- Zone Green Hill – Masato Nakamura
- You know how we do it – Ice Cube
- I shrink therefore I am – composed by Christophe Beck & Tyler Lawson Western
- Walk – Pantera
- The Final Game / Take Me Out To The Ball Game – composed and conducted by Randy Newman
- Stars in the sky – Kid Cudi
stars in the sky
You can check the above mentioned Kid Cudi track “Stars in the Sky” on Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, YouTube and other platforms.
It was written specifically for the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 soundtrack and actually appears more than once in the film.
Kid Cudi has recently contributed to the soundtracks of films such as The harder they fall and Don’t look up.
“It has a much larger scope”
Of course, a great movie needs great songs—and make no mistake. This is a big movie.
When chatting with collidersDirector Jeff Fowler assured fans that the sequel takes things up a notch:
“… bring in Tails, bring in Knuckles, send them all on this great big action-adventure. It has a lot more scope, but also humor, and of course, what’s the point of all this if there is no heart or emotion?”
He added, “I think that was such an important part of the first film. I think it really helped the audience connect with Sonic as a character…”
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is in theaters now.
In other news, where was The Bubble filmed and can fans visit the real filming locations?
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/04/01/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-soundtrack/ Relive Sonic the Hedgehog 2 with the full soundtrack track listing