Sports

Sean O’Malley ‘Sugar’ shares battle plan for 2022

Sean O'Malley

Getty

Sean O’Malley reacts during his bantamweight bout against Raulian Paiva at UFC 269 in December 2021.

Bantamweight star “Sugar” Sean O’Malley spoke about UFC battle plans for 2022 and 2023.

The professional mixed 15-1 is one of the biggest names in the sport, regardless of weight class. 2021 is a successful year for Sugar Sean, when winning 3 matches by KO or TKO. He fought in the last pay-per-view match of the year, UFC 269 on December 11, and defeated Raulian Paiva via TKO in the first round.

On the most recent episode of O’Malley’s “Suga Sunday Service‘Podcast, O’Malley on his competitive future. He has made it clear on several occasions that he enjoys competing in Las Vegas, Nevada, and that he plans to wait until the UFC returns to the city later in the year.

“I can’t fight on March 5th, it’s too early,” O’Malley said Fighting MMA. “And I don’t think they have a Vegas card in April, in May. I probably won’t fight for a while. ”

O’Malley has competed in the UFC pay-per-view in every competition since his UFC debut in 2017, and it looks like what he’s looking forward to continuing to do in the future. Furthermore, he has only ever fought in Las Vegas as a UFC fighter.

The latest UFC news delivered straight to your inbox! Register with Heavy on UFC news here!

Sign up for the UFC Heavy Newsletter!


O’Malley is targeting June or July return

Sean O'Malley

GettySean O’Malley (L) knocks out Kris Moutinho in the first round in UFC 264 in July 2021.

UFC 272 is slated to take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on March 5, 2021, however he won’t have enough time to practice for the bout as he just fought last month. 12 and is currently retraining a broken thumb.

So O’Malley plans to wait until summer to get back inside the Octagon. And while he’s out, he’ll be in the gym to perfect his skills.

“I look at it one way,” says Sugar Sean. “If I don’t fight until June or July, it just gives me time to get better and improve. That’s where — I haven’t been able to train since the battle. I broke my thumb after my battle. I wasn’t able to train, so I haven’t been able to improve since fighting until now. I will soon leave the actor. That should give me a few months to improve. “

Follow Heavy on the UFC Facebook page for breaking news, rumors and latest content!


Sugar Sean plans ‘Killing Spree’ in 2023

If everything goes according to his plan, O’Malley will fight at least twice in 2022, get a big contract from the UFC, and then continue to “slaughter” in 2023.

“I’m not too worried about it, ideally I’d have to fight three times a year,” Sugar Sean said. “That’s where my head is. I don’t know if it’s more money or —ah, I think it’s competition, I like competition. But I just want to go back to the gym and improve. So if I hit only two, if I get one in July and November or December, I might get only two this year. Fight the contract, and then explode, in 2023 with a lucrative f****** contract and just go on a killing spree. “

CONTINUE READING: Conor McGregor & Nate Diaz Rip Dustin Poirier for losing at UFC 269


https://heavy.com/sports/ufc/sugar-sean-omalley-killing-spree/ Sean O’Malley ‘Sugar’ shares battle plan for 2022

John Walker

TheHiu.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@thehiu.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button