Some online PennDOT services are unavailable due to network maintenance
HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – PennDOT has announced that Verizon’s network maintenance will affect the operation of the National Highway Transportation Safety Agency’s (NHTSA) Problem Driver Pointer System (PDPS), causing several driver’s license services to be unavailable on Saturday, February 22 . 25
According to PennDOT, the services will be temporarily unavailable until 12:01 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
Verizon’s telecommunications services are provided to PennDOT by the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA). As a result, PennDOT cannot access the PDPS prior to issuing driver’s license products as required by law and cannot complete many driver’s license-related transactions.
As stated in the press release, the following driver’s license transactions will not be available at PennDOT license centers and PennDOT’s Riverfront Office Center in Harrisburg on Saturday, February 25, 2023 from the time they open until approximately 12:01 p.m.:
- Initial issuance, renewals, and duplicate commercial and non-commercial driver’s license transactions
- Initial issuance of a driving license for transfers abroad
- First-time learner permit or learner permit duplicates and commercial learner permit transactions
- Any other transaction leading to the issuance of a driver’s license product
Road tests are not affected. However, those who successfully complete their proficiency test cannot be issued with a driver’s license immediately upon completion. PennDOT states that they will make arrangements to return to editing with those who have successfully completed their proficiency exam.
While most online services will not be affected, the following services will also be unavailable on Saturday from approximately 12:01 a.m. to 12:01 p.m.:
- REAL ID renewals or duplicates
- Duplicate non-REAL ID non-commercial driver’s licenses.
https://www.abc27.com/local-news/some-penndot-services-to-be-unavailable-due-to-network-maintenance/ Some online PennDOT services are unavailable due to network maintenance