Screenshot via Square Enix
Tactics Ogre: Reborn is a faithful name for a game that brought a decades-old series back into the modern gaming sphere. Trust is also required to play the game because without trust in one’s characters, they will surely lose them to Tactics Ogre: Reborn’s permadeath system. Conversely, it’s easier to have faith in your characters when you have a lot of them, and in order to get characters you need to know where to find them and how to acquire them.
Tactics Ogre Reborn recruitable characters
Tactics Ogre Reborn characters you can get in each run
Characters that can be recruited in any gameplay (chaotic, legal, or neutral) are extremely helpful due to their flexible recruitability. The characters listed below can be recruited no matter which run you choose:
- canopus: Canopus is recruitable at the end of the tutorial no matter what. Note that if you reject him, he won’t appear in the rest of the story.
- Sarah, Donalto and Voltare: These three can be recruited after saving the city of Krysaro from the undead in Chapter 1.
- Felicia: A slightly darker side to recruitment is Felicia, as she can only be recruited if Donalto dies during Krysaro’s undead invasion.
- Mirdyn: Mirdyn will always join your party once you reach Almorica Castle. This recruitment occurs later in the Lawful and Chaotic runs than in the neutral runs.
- Olivia: Be careful with Olivya’s recruitment as Denam’s actions will determine her attitude towards the group. She always joins at the beginning of Chapter 4, but if you start a siege of Briganty’s Castle, she will unhappily join the party. Sending Denam to the castle unarmed will end the encounter in peace and make Olivya happy.
- Sherri: When you first appear as a boss in Hagia Banhamuba, you can recruit Sherri if you’re willing to go after her and only if Olivya is still alive. First, you must intentionally keep Sherri at a critical health level. She then teleports out of the boss fight. From here, go to Xeod Moors and engage in a random battle. Then use the Horn of the Savage until heavy rain appears on the battlefield. Get out of the battle and on to Balmamusa. A cutscene will play there and Sherri will join your party.
- Catia: Once you have rescued Mreuva, he will ask Denam if he would dare to kill Catiua. An affirmative answer results in Catiua reappearing in the Battle of Barnicia Grand Staircase. Denying the statement causes Catiua to run away. Once you get back to Catiua, she will join your party if you choose the right dialogue for the situation. Choose the You are my sister, and I love you option if you said you would kill her, or I wasn’t happy about our departure option if you have denied it.
- Deneb: Deneb will join your party when you meet certain requirements based on trading with her shop. First you must have read Deneb’s Emporium Warren Report in Chapter 4. Once you’ve done that, go to Deneb’s shop and auction off five dragons of each elemental type. After that, you will also buy elemental orbs. After that, she will join the group, but you can also sell her 30 glass gourds from the Palace of the Dead to turn her from a witch to a witch and recruit her.
- rudlum: To recruit Rudlum you must prepare the Mysterious Blast on Exter Warren Report. Go to the Palace of the Dead and reach the second floor. Rudlum will appear here but surrounded by enemies that need to be dealt with quickly so they don’t kill him before you save his life.
- Lindl: Lindl is first seen in the Battle of Barnicia trying to use a weapon. Finding it too powerful for him, he hands it over to a Templar who you then have to kill and take the weapon from him. Read the Wramsen Wreck Raid Warren Report, then head to the Grimsby battlefield. Lindl will appear here and as long as he survives the fight he will join your party.
- gapp: To recruit Ganpp, you must fight with him. Head into the Neimrahava Forest and Ganpp will start a fight with you. Make sure you don’t kill any of Ganpp’s uniquely named pets and get him to critical health without killing him. Once in this state, Ganpp will surrender and you can recruit him.
- Aselstan: Much like Sherri, Azelstan is recruitable if you’re willing to put in some reasonable effort to get him. First read the Port Omish, Den of Thieves Warren Report. Then head to Omish to find Azelstan in a predicament. Protect him until he flees this fight. After that, read The Pirate’s Graveyard and go to the appropriate dungeon. You can either complete the dungeon or escape from it to go to the next step. Next, read The Dread Pirate, then return to Omish for an encounter. From here it’s on to Fort Qadriga for a second encounter and then back to Omish for a third and final encounter. Finally, return to the Pirate Graveyard dungeon and clear it completely to recruit Azelstan.
Related: What is the best class in Tactics Ogre: Reborn?
Tactics Ogre Reborn characters can only be recruited in lawful runs
- Xapan: In the Quadriga Fort battle, you can save Xapan from death, and after that he will offer to join your party. However, if you reject him here, you can fight him later in Chapter 4 at Golyat. Getting him to critical health in this fight will recruit him with very powerful gear.
- Jeunan: Taking over Jeunan is perhaps the easiest recruitment in the game alongside Canopus. After the Battle of Brigantys, you must answer the prisoners’ questions with the phrase how could they be Once you do this, Jeunan can join your party.
- ravness: At the end of Chapter 1, Ravness will attack Denam, but if you refuse to retaliate, a chain of events will begin that will allow you to recruit her. Later in Chapter 2 you need to read the Ravness Captured Warren Report and go to the Reisan Way. Here you can rescue Ravness, and she will repay you by escaping. After that, go to Bahanna to find Ravness and she will offer to join the group.
- Ocionne: First of all, Ocionne is only recruitable if you have previously recruited Jeunan. If so, head to the Palace of the Dead and hunt down Necromancer Reymos to Fort Lhazan. Here you can rescue Ocionne and he will offer you to join your group. While you can encounter Ocionne in any run, since Jeunan can only be recruited in a lawful run, the same goes for Ocionne.
- vyce, Gildasand arycelle: The return to Almorica Castle in Chapter 3 will result in all three of these characters being recruitable, but be sure to keep a close eye on Arcyelle’s loyalty. She starts off as a moderate and if you make decisions she doesn’t agree with, she will eventually leave your party.
- hobyrim and Ozma: Once you reach Chapter 3, you will come across these two characters fighting each other on the way to Rhime City. Allowing the fight to continue eventually leads to Hobyrim telling Ozma who he is. This will end the battle and allow you to recruit Hobyrim. Then, in Chapter 4, read A Rift in the Dark Knights Warren Report and head to Kysaro. From here, use Hobyrim to fight Ozma again. Get Ozma in critical health and she will offer to join your party.
Related: Best element in Tactics Ogre Reborn
Tactics Ogre Reborn characters can only be recruited in Chaotic Runs
- arycelle: Although you could recruit Arycelle in lawful run, the circumstances to recruit her in chaotic run change greatly. Chapter 2 of the Chaos Run will have Arycelle as the first boss of the chapter. Get her in critical health and she will join as an NPC and not a recruited character. You must protect her until the end of the encounter with Vyce in Tynemouth Hill, then she becomes recruitable as a full character.
- Folkurt, Bayin, and Cistina: Folcurt will automatically join your party regardless of your actions, but you can also recruit Byin and Cistina if you execute your decisions correctly. First you must rescue Cistina in the Battle of Rhime in Chapter 1. If you then recruit Folcurt he will suggest rescuing Bayin who then suggests rescuing Cistina. After saving these characters, they will offer to join your party.
- Gildas: Gildas is a bonus character that automatically joins your party with Mirdyn, but only in a Chaos Run.
- Cerya: Defeating Oz in Boed Fort in a Chaos Run will trigger a cutscene. After that, Cerya will join your group.
- hobyrim: Although Hobyrim’s recruitment changes from the Lawful run, it’s still very easy since you only have to rescue him in the Bahanna battle in Chapter 3.
- Cressida: Recruiting Cressida is the most difficult recruitment specific to Chaos. You must first read the Balmamusa Dead Warren Report in Chapter 4. Next, head to Balmamusa and save Oelias from death. From here, go to Qadriga and defeat Dievold. Once this is done, you must achieve maximum reputation with Galgastani. Once you’ve achieved this, head to Golyat to defeat Nybeth. Eventually, Cressida will offer to join.
Tactics Ogre Reborn characters can only be recruited in neutral runs
- Oelias and Dievold: In Chapter 3, in the Battle of Asyton, these two will appear. If you save both, they will both join your group. However, note that letting Oelias die still causes Dievold to join, but if Dievold dies, Oelias will refuse to continue fighting or join your party.
- Hobyrim, Chamos, Phaesta and Tamuz: In order to recruit these characters you must first find Leonar in Krysaro and then follow Phaesta to Qadriga. Phaesta, Charos, and Tamuz can be recruited if you rescue them. Regardless of which character lives or dies, Hobyrim will appear and offer to join your party.
- Cerya and Ehlrig: If you save Cerya from the fight with Oz at the beginning of Chapter 3, she will escape afterwards. However, if you read the report about the pirates in Qadriga Warren in Chapter 4 and go to Qadriga, you will find both Cerya and Ehlrig there, and both will offer you to join your party.
Want more information about Tactics Ogre: Reborn? Take a look at the Tactics Ogre Reborn routes – choose Law, Chaos or Neutral and are there any Tactics Ogre Reborn mods? by Pro Game Guides!
https://progameguides.com/tactics-ogre-reborn/tactics-ogre-reborn-recruitment-guide/ Tactics Ogre Reborn recruitment guide