Valorant’s Unrated Minimode.
Valorant is getting a major update before the end of the year, and it all starts today (or tomorrow if you’re not in the US). Along with all of the agent changes we covered earlier today that aim to rebalance the meta, there’s a brand new game mode to dive into. Called Swift Play, it’s basically a condensed unrated experience that should work as the perfect mode for casual play.
In Swiftplay, the first team after 5 rounds is the winner, with a 4-round half, modified in-game economy and bonus structure, and Sudden Death overtime.
It’s only in beta for now as Riot Games collects feedback before putting the finishing touches on it, but you can play right away via the dedicated queue that will appear as an option once you’ve installed the new patch.
A press release sent to Twinfinite explains that the “The goal of this much-requested game mode is to offer the core experience of Valorant to players who want to reduce their time commitment or get as many replays in a smaller window.”
Here’s the full breakdown of what’s related to Swift Play:
- Similar to the standard 5v5 Unrated mode but compressed:
- First to 5 rounds, 4-round half
- Victory Conditions in Spike Mode
- Set the credit amounts granted at the start of the round
- No 600c bonus for winning the pistol
- Transferring weapons and credits is supported
- +600 credit bonus for winning a pistol round
- Standard Kill Bonuses (+200c) and Spiny Plant Bonuses (+300c)
- 2 ult points are awarded at the start of each half
- The playing time is about 15 minutes
So there you have it. Are you diving in later today? Let us know in the comment section below. Until then, make sure to check out our full rundown of the 5.12 patch notes, as well as our detailed rundown of the major chamber nerf that’s also part of the update.
https://twinfinite.net/2022/12/new-valorant-game-mode-swift-play-is-the-short-sweet-experience-youve-always-wanted/ The new Valorant game mode, Swift Play, is the short and sweet experience you’ve always wanted