God of War Ragnarok pays tribute to other big hitters from Sony.
If you’ve been watching the gaming scene for the past week, there’s no doubt that God of War Ragnarok has dominated the discussion. It’s well deserved considering that many, including us here at Twinfinite, find Santa Monica Studio’s latest product to be one of the best gaming experiences ever.
One of the key ways the game goes the extra mile is through the elaboration of the game world, which is accomplished through hidden secrets and lore found throughout the Nine Realms. An example of this is the set of artifacts called Kvasir’s Poems, which at first glance is just a collection of writings loved by the dwarves. A closer look, however, reveals that these are really interesting homages to previous PlayStation exclusives.
There are 14 Kvasir Poems in total in the game, and each has a humorous title, often made up of synonyms that match an actual game title. The full list includes:
- The Sunrise of Nothing – Horizon Zero Dawn
- Large Society Ground Orb, The Performance – MLB: The Show
- We Who Remain Part 2 – The Last of Us Part 2
- Tool and bang – ratchet and clank
- Abandoned afterlife – Death Stranding
- Visions after rest – dreams
- Ghosts in walls – concrete genius
- Celestial Construct – Astrobot
- When tracking a location not marked on maps – Uncharted
- Eastern Ghost – Ghost of Tsushima
- One Organisation: In the Future – The Order 1886
- Sanguinity – Bloodborne
- The Dead Don’t Ride – Days Gone
It’s certainly a nice surprise to find all of these homages in the game, and if you haven’t been paying attention you might be missing out on one of the many things that make God of War Ragnarok such an excellent game.
God of War Ragnarok is available now for PS4 and PS5. If you’re just starting your adventure, we’ve got 10 things to do first in God of War Ragnarok, tips and tricks to get you started, and how to solve the Svartalfheim Gate and Geyser puzzles.
https://twinfinite.net/2022/11/god-of-war-ragnarok-kvasirs-poems-are-fun-references-sony-exclusives/ The Poems of God of War Ragnarok Kvasir is a fun Easter egg that you probably haven’t noticed