The Voice makes several format changes for Season 23
Season 23 of The Voice will look different than previous seasons for longtime fans of the show. Ahead of the season premiere, the network announced changes would be made to the Battle Rounds.
Now, after deadline The show will introduce the “Playoff Pass” used in the Battle Rounds, allowing both artists in the round to advance to the knockouts instead of just one artist advancing. Another change comes in the next round, the knockouts.
Instead of pitting three artists against each other as was the case in season 22 of the show, the show will again be reduced to two artists per knockout round. The final round, the playoffs, will feature 20 artists this season, which will likely be reduced to five artists per coach.
Normally the playoffs are broadcast live. This season, however, the live shows don’t begin until the semifinals, which feature two artists per coach.
Season 23 of The Voice stars trainers Kelly Clarkson, Blake Shelton, Niall Horan and Chance the Rapper.
What’s the schedule for The Voice in 2023?
The Voice season 23 premieres on March 6, 2023. There will be two episodes a week, and the live shows will start at the very end of the season this time.
The rounds look like this:
- Blind Auditions: Artists audition for a spot in the competition, coaches assemble their teams.
- Battle Rounds: Trainers match two of their artists against each other and pick a winner to advance. Every trainer has a steal and a save. Combat rounds begin on March 27th.
- Knockout Rounds: The trainers once again put together two of their own artists to compete against each other. This time the artists choose their own songs and one of the two gets to the next round. Each trainer gets a steal and a save. Knockout rounds begin on April 17th.
- Playoff Rounds: At the time of writing, it’s unclear how the playoff rounds will work this time around, but since they won’t be broadcast live and will instead be pre-taped, they likely won’t be opened up for public voting. The playoff round begins on May 1st.
- Semifinals & Finals: The audience chooses the winner from the remaining eight participants. Live shows will begin airing on May 15th.
Reba McEntire is the Mega Mentor of the Season
Country music star and actress Reba McEntire joins “The Voice” for season 23 as the show reintroduced the Mega Mentor into the mix after reportedly not having one for season 22 diversity.
Season 23 is Shelton’s final season on the show, and Clarkson has said that he is the show’s “ultimate” coach.
“He’s the ultimate coach on this show. Everyone knows that. He won the most, and honestly he helps the artists afterwards. And it’s incredible that he’s done for so many artists. It’s a loss for The Voice.” Clarkson to NBC Insider.
She also talks to Shelton about their friendship and what life will be like for Shelton after the show.
“I actually spoke to Blake a bit about this being his last season. And I’m like, ‘It’s only going to hit you after that. it will hit you It’s been a part of your life for so long. And it’ll hit you afterwards,'” she told the outlet. “I think he knows that, but I also think he knows it’s about time. He’s been doing this for a long time and I think it’s a really cool way that we all know he’s leaving so we can have the time, like — I mean, I can’t stand him, but I love him too. So we have the time to actually pick him up and say how awesome he is.
The 23rd season of “The Voice” premieres Monday, March 6 on NBC.
More heavy on The Voice News
More stories are loading
https://heavy.com/entertainment/the-voice/season-23-changes-updates-format/ The Voice makes several format changes for Season 23