York County person rescued from carbon monoxide poisoning

DOVER, Pa. (WHTM) — One person is currently hospitalized after rapid life-saving measures were taken after being overwhelmed by carbon monoxide on Friday, January 27 in York County.

This was announced by the fire brigade of the municipality of Dover, Officials heard a medical call from the community at around 5:10 p.m. with a report of an unconscious person. As the primary emergency services made another call, Dover Township Fire Brigade staff responded.

When emergency services arrived, they found the unconscious person in a closed garage.

After investigating, crews discovered that the car the person was working on was still driving. When crews measured the garage, they found that the garage contained 1000 parts per million of carbon monoxide.

The structure was then vented. The person was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

According to Cancer.gov, carbon monoxide is a toxic gas that has no color or odor. It is emitted through the combustion of fuel (such as in car or domestic heating exhaust fumes) and tobacco products. Carbon monoxide prevents red blood cells from carrying enough oxygen for cells and tissues to live.

https://www.abc27.com/local-news/york/york-county-individual-saved-from-carbon-monoxide-poisoning/ York County person rescued from carbon monoxide poisoning

Brian Ashcraft

TheHiu.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@thehiu.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button